|Job Type:||Full Time|
Data & Applied Scientist 2
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Are you excited about Agile and working in a Data Science and Analytics? Are you the type of person who is intensely curious about security risks within the walls of organizations? Do you thrive on meeting the challenge of solving complex problems using cutting edge, data driven solutions? Are you looking for a highly inclusive and collaborative team to learn from and grow with? If the answer is yes, you may be a candidate to join the Data Intelligence team inside the Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organization. The DSRE Data Intelligence team has responsibility for providing data science and analytics services across all DSRE. The team is made up of highly skilled data scientists & analysts, and security subject matter experts. Additionally, the team interacts with industry experts and maintains close ties with other Data Scientist and Analyst teams across Microsoft and the industries to compare and implement leading practices.
We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist/Analyst to architect, analyze, design and build creative data derived solutions to help Microsoft's Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organizational. This candidate should have proven data science and analytics experience and a strong ability to translate complex problems into technical designs and solutions.
- Driving insights about the internal services that we provide to Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE), the engineering systems, processes, and services.
- The scope includes understanding, analyze & architect, design and build creative data derived solutions to help Microsoft's Digital Security Risk and Engineering (DSRE) Organization goals.
- 3+ years of hands on analytics experience with proven quantitative orientation
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Economics/Business or Engineering
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
- Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation or data mining
- Strong programming knowledge (proficient in SQL or Databricks)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake, HD Insight, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Business domain expertise in digital security
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and succeed in a matrix structure by influencing new thinking
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.