|Job Type:||Full Time|
AI is the next computing revolution and the AI Frameworks team is at the heart of it. Do you want to bring the power of AI into many Microsoft products, to reach millions of customers, data scientists and developers? Do you want to be part of a rapidly growing team that builds the best classical and deep learning ML frameworks and inference/training engines for Microsoft?
Come join us!
You will be crafting production-grade code that scales to billions of examples and features across many platforms, working closely with key teams across the company such as Windows, Visual Studio, MSR, and Azure to enable developers and data scientists realize the promise of machine learning. You’ll use open source technologies and GitHub for your work and collaborate with the community at large.
Throughout you’ll be balancing the challenges of unsolved problems against opportunities to learn from those around you while keeping up with the state-of-the-art machine learning and compiler techniques and algorithms.
Our ML frameworks code powers Cognitive Services, Azure ML, and forms the backbone of multiple internal inference/training engines like Office/Bing/Speech/Vision which serve a great amount of queries every day.
A potential candidate must have a BS (MS/PhD is a plus) in computer science or related software engineering fields, be proficient in C++/C# and have strong software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, parallel programming), be comfortable system-level programming and not afraid to wear many hats to get the job done.
Experience with machine learning/deep learning/compiler is a plus but not required. After all, we believe in learning and growing on the job, so being passionate about ML and having a desire to learn are important.
- Implement and benchmark scalable, efficient code on a variety of platforms (CPU, GPU, FPGA, Linux, Windows) and continuously improve them
- Drive sound architecture, design, and implementation
- Conduct technical investigations and prototyping in a dynamic environment
- Work with customers to understand their requirements and applications
- Be active in the open source community
- 5+ years software design and development skills/experience
- Knowledge in C++, C#, Python and system programing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related areas
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Passionate, self-motivated
- Master’s or PhD’s degree in computer science or related areas
- Compiler (LLVM/MLIR), Deep learning or ML expertise.
- GPU expertise, especially CUDA.
If you want to shape the future of AI, apply today!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.