|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building mission critical highly available, scalable, and responsive services? Do you want to build cloud scale services using the cutting-edge technologies? Do you want to work on technology which combines: A) big data; B) machine learning; and C) near real-time processing to unlock insights and drive business actions? Does owning the system that is home to tens of billions of accounts excite you? What about powering Microsoft’s commercial and consumer business transactions?
Microsoft's Business Application Group is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, driven, energetic, experienced Senior Software Engineer who can make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of high-scale distributed systems and transform key services that power Microsoft's business. As a Senior Software Engineer in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions.
Our culture emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and engineering excellence in a collaborative environment. We are looking for outstanding engineers to join our team and make our world-class cloud infrastructure even better.
- Lead the design of features and initiatives across the organization, including the preparation of technical requirements and design specifications
- Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative solutions
- Deliver high quality software via working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, ensure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules
- 7+ years of industry software engineering experience in Java/C#/C++/Rust or other OO language
- 5+ years of experience with distributed systems and high performance systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience developing complex software systems that have delivered value to the customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on November 17th, 2020. Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process. The job description should make clear the job responsibilities and required qualifications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.