|Location:||Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Phoenix, Arizona|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Customer Success: Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
As the Customer Success Account Manager- Manager (CSAM- M), you lead a high-performing team of seasoned Customer Success Account Managers (CSAM) that are well versed in cloud adoption, program delivery management practices, and technology trends. This is an exciting role that will help fuel customer success through your leadership with business, customer, and team growth!
Key responsibilities include:
The CSAM-M is accountable for end-to-end service program delivery within an assigned portfolio of customers, representing Customer Success throughout all deal phases while demonstrating a critical partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The CSAM-M serves as the primary leadership point of accountability and/or escalation for their portfolio of customers. This role has direct people management responsibility for Customer Success Account Managers and supervises the Customer Success and Support deliveries to customers by their team. The CSAM-M is responsible for driving customer satisfaction, customer effective use of Microsoft’s cloud platforms, consumption, growth with fulfilling Support contractual obligations, and the governance of delivery for their portfolio of accounts led by their CSAMs.
- Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate Customer Success Account Managers. Set a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive.
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSAM role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate cross cloud workload projects to production, including technical readiness, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration.
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management, high-quality reporting and insights, and delivery portfolio health.
To be effective as a CSAM-M, you have leadership experience in building, coaching, developing, and retaining high performing teams to achieve business results, customer success and value realization.
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in technical sales, consultative or program delivery. Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects and support engagements required
- Management: 10+ years of experience in people management required. Previous revenue management and forecasting experience preferred
- Change: 7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required
- Collaboration: Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Communication: Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Technical acumen to lead a team with:
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to solutions required
- Understanding of Enterprise cloud workloads required
- Ability to stay up to date on new/improved cross cloud scenarios and workloads required
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required
- Demonstrated leadership through prior technical, consultative or program delivery coaching/leadership roles required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field preferred
- PMP or other project management certification preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, mobile, Database, Big Data, BI, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.