|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a secure, cloud-enabled world. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations. We deeply care about taking our ideals and vision global and making a difference in lives and organizations in all corners of the planet.
As part of the Modern Work & Security team, we are seeking a leader of our Insights team to enable our organization to best serve our customers by building world-class insight capabilities. As a role covering a broad spectrum of products, this is a highly visible role that requires executive maturity and management experience. This role requires technical depth and experience leveraging statistics, data analysis, data science & visualization to drive business insights that lead to action and successful business outcomes. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering deep analytical insights on the key drivers that drive business success. Your role will have a direct impact on our ability to address customer needs and maximize their adoption and usage our product portfolio. Success hinges on enabling everyone in the organization to make informed decisions.
As a leader for the Modern Work & Security business you will lead a team of professionals to:
- Learn and understand a broad range of data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to at any given time.
- Design analytics solutions and reports to measure program impact, identify trends and anomalies, and influence program investments
- Own the delivery of the reporting and insights on a regular cadence to the stakeholders and senior leadership teams
- Understand and proactively communicate factors affecting business performance to stakeholders by partnering with business leaders, other analysts and data engineering teams.
- Ensuring insights are both actionable and measurable and you should be able to build these insights and hypothesis with awareness of practical implementation and implications for the business
- Partnering with cross-company data and analytics teams to ensure robust and accurate data capture and continuous improvement of data available for both analytics and the wider business
- Developing and defining analytical vision, strategy and roadmap for the business area, coordinating with leaders to ensure alignment with business goals
- Be a “doer” as well as a leader – be a data and analytics expert that your team can turn to for inspiration and hands-on guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and influence Business Leadership teams in order to drive alignment
- Establish complex problems and the associated data and giving the answers in a concise form to assist the team in making key business decisions
- Lead the efforts for understanding the data generated by experiments, and producing actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
- Build, motivate and manage a team of high performing individuals
- Engage with customers via public presentations and 1:1 meeting at all levels
- Produce insights and intelligence report on Modern Work and Security compete position that influences product and go-to-market decisions
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, passionate, self-motivated, confident in working with senior leaders and comfortable in a matrix organization. They need to be able to gain the trust and confidence of the stakeholders across the organization and be a visible leader who can drive results through influencing the work of others. The candidate must a capable manager who embraces the value of diversity and creates an empowering and inclusive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Management information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of people management experience leading a diverse team, providing coaching and performance management.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with data science and analytics
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects or programs including work prioritization, planning, and coordination
- Solid communication and data presentation skills, experience analyzing data and communicating the results to senior business leaders
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building and maintaining trust with internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges; experience in the development of web analytics, anomaly detection or multi-touch attribution is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.