|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer II – Back End
PromoteIQ , Microsoft Advertising
PromoteIQ provides intelligent vendor marketing solutions for the next generation of e-commerce. Our platform helps retailers implement, automate, and scale their brand-funded digital vendor marketing programs. We sit at the intersection of marketing and e-commerce and have a singular mission of empowering retailers and brands to maximize their e-commerce performance.
We embody a strong startup culture that values diversity, collaboration and craftsmanship - and above all else, results. Our bias towards execution balances critical thinking, root analysis and pragmatic problem solving. We expect a lot from one another and value our thoughtful and intellectually curious company culture.
Microsoft Advertising PromoteIQ is headquartered in New York City and supports a global footprint of e-commerce retailers and brands. The company was acquired by Microsoft in Aug, 2019 and continues to operate as an independent division within Microsoft Advertising. Learn more at https://www.promoteiq.com. This role is based in our SoHo/NYC office.
Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle.
Who We’re Looking For
We are hiring a Software Engineer on our backend teams to help expand our growing suite of e-commerce advertising products. Engineers on our team work together to build distributed services serving requests from around the world.
Team projects include everything from implementing customer facing Services at scale to internal Services that support our business.
This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the innovation and evolution of a large and rapidly changing industry, at a scale and pace very few other places can match.
You will be part of a passionate and growing team who takes pride in their work, and cares about their colleagues. If you are someone who takes ownership of your projects and thrives in a dynamic environment, then let's chat!
Our Culture: Microsoft Culture
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our platform to meet our SLAs
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Participate in design discussions about new features and ensure that they integrate seamlessly with other pieces of the platform.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with engineering and product teams.
- Work in greenfield / R&D projects and take joy in experimentation.
- Help achieve timely and high-quality project delivery.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- BS/MS/PHD degree in Computer Science or related technical experience
- Strong theoretical fundamentals including, but not limited to: data structures, algorithms, time complexity and space complexity, lock-free data structures, multi-threaded architecture etc.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and building software
- 3+ years of experience building microservices/distributed systems and applications
- 3+ years experience in an object-oriented programming language [GoLang, Java, Python, NodeJS, C#, C++ etc.]
Who you are:
- Highly energetic and proactive and a growth mindset
- Enjoy making sense of chaos and solving for cool problems
- Passionate about the latest developments in technology
- You are excited to innovate and understand the balance between trying something new and doing something tried.
- You ask thoughtful questions, aren't afraid to fail, and constantly seek to be better.
- A collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly and who enjoys working with their colleagues
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.