|Job Type:||Full Time|
xCloud’s promise is to play the games you want, with the people you want, on the devices you want. xCloud is pioneering the transition from a console-centric model to a user-centric model. We are building gaming experiences that transcend devices and deliver high quality gaming on the go through Game Streaming from servers across the world in Azure Datacenters.
As a developer in the xCloud Data Platform team, you will build robust and performant solutions to process data at scale. You will collaborate with other xCloud engineering teams and external data teams on a regular basis to ensure we are using the right technology to deliver the right solutions in a timely manner. We use Azure data platforms, including Kusto, Cosmos, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Web Jobs, Kubernetes, Git, and more!
- Design and develop frameworks/libraries for processing big data in cosmos
- Build fast and rich data pipelines in kusto and cosmos
- Perform unit and functional level validation by building robust test plans
- Add monitoring on top of solutions you develop
- Troubleshoot complex systems in a timely manner
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures
- 2+ years' experience in software engineering and/or data mining (Kusto/Cosmos/machine learning)
- 2+ years' experience with one or more of these code technologies: C#, SQL, KQL, Java
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Prior work experience in Big Data
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates out of the box thinking and can move forward in ambiguous situations
- Collaborates and builds on top of other’s solutions.
- Passionate about big data
- Passion for languages and tools like Kusto, Cosmos, Azure Synapse
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.