|Job Type:||Full Time|
Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT platform team is an open, fun, and diverse team that builds and operates services that make it easy for customers to digitally transform – enabling them to collect data from the physical world, and operationalize insights derived from that data to create better business outcomes. We provide a reliable platform that spans from the edge to the cloud that customers use to build scalable, fully featured IoT solutions such as managing industrial equipment used in manufacturing, tracking valuable assets in healthcare, and monitoring office building usage.
We are looking for a experienced and highly skilled engineer to join our growing team in Redmond, WA. You will drive the architecture and design of large-scale distributed systems. You will serve as a technical lead for critical initiatives from scoping to delivery to operations. You will be empowered to think differently about challenging problems and expected to distill ambiguity, complexity, and competing requirements to deliver innovative solutions. You will work with customers and PMs to solve problems, drive critical requirements, lead design reviews, and provide feedback on architectural recommendations, while building highly scalable and reliable services.
- Design, build and deploy systems to improve performance, security, and scale
- Write high quality distributed systems software
- Mentor and develop junior engineers on the team
- Drive software engineering best practices to ensure the quality of team deliverables
- 6+ years of experience in software design and development
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Hands-on developer experienced building systems using C#, .NET Framework, Rust, or Java
- Experience building and operating cloud-based mission critical software
- Good written communication skills
- Azure services experience a big plus
- Extensive experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded programming and distributed system architecture
- Experience with Apache Spark, Flink, Beam preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.