|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, technical issues that are typically identified by colleague's customer engagements. Although some situations demand code analysis for advanced troubleshooting, much of the work performed by an EE will start as suspected bugs or unexpected behavior or behaviors that cannot be isolated. The EE frequently collaborates with Support and Product Group Engineers and, if a code defect is discovered, is responsible for driving the Product Group bug process. EEs regularly solve issues that are not only technically complex, but politically charged, requiring strong conflict resolution and communication skills to represent Microsoft to all stakeholders. The strengths of an EE are employing problem isolation techniques, product internals, and code knowledge to solve new problems.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
Provides consultancy and acts as business value advisers to customers by addressing business goals through alignment of technology, overcoming deployment complexities, and securing customers during onboarding to the M365 suite.
- Identify the actions needed for a smooth and efficient cloud onboarding.
- Lead with an identity driven security approach based on Microsoft best practices.
- Partner with the customer’s IT staff to define a recommended remediation plan.
- Enable M365 services and deliver governance best practices.
- Identify and recommend Microsoft value add services to remediate technical blockers.
- Orchestrate the resolution of technical issues that arise during the onboarding phases, leveraging all available resources such as Support, Premier, ATU, etc. Where applicable, serve as technical Subject Matter Expert in an aligned specialty.
- Acquire in-depth level technical knowledge on the newest M365 services, with depth expertise in a specific workload, and disseminate information among team members as well as drive service improvements.
- Cultivate and share knowledge proactively with others through communities, solution documents, and social media to drive strong collaboration across the FTC.
- Capture engagement data, customer health, and communicate process and technology improvement feedback helping drive product improvement and automation.
- Represent the Voice of the Customer by tracking and reporting all product blocking issues, and feedback to M365 stakeholders (e.g. PG, PMG, Incubation, etc.) using prescribed channels.
- Understand and describe key attributes of core cloud concepts (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS) and how Microsoft’s offerings (M365/Azure) align to these areas.
- Adapt communication to stakeholders with different level of technical expertise.
- Become a Trusted Advisor for the customer’s IT, Security and Business decision maker stakeholders.
- Possess the knowledge to articulate Microsoft 365 vision and leverage all features across services to maximize customer investment and accelerate transformation.
- Maintain and utilize readiness to educate and enable customers to realize business value through deployment of key suite features. SMEs maintain advanced level knowledge in their aligned specialty.
- Consistent execution of the FastTrack process by keeping up with Service Descriptions, FastTrack playbook, FastTrack offers and regularly capturing customer engagement data in FTOP.
- Cloud adoption expertise and staying current with technology trends across Microsoft and competitors' products and services.
- Deliver engagement with customer through a One Microsoft Approach: a seamless customer experience collaborating and coordinating with Microsoft internal stakeholders and Partners.
- Mentor peers and partner technical resources.
- 5+ years' experience with customer relationships and credibility through strong technical delivery
- Proficient in these listed skills:
- Office 365 L200
- EMS L200
- Windows 10 L200
- OPP L200
- Teams L200
- Networking – L200
- Identity – L300
- Cloud concepts – L200
- Security and Compliance – L300
- Scripting – L200
- Problem solving – L300
- Influencing skills – L300
- Soft Skills – L300
- L100 – L400 (essentials/intermediate/advanced/expert)
- Exceptional collaborator on complex multi-faceted technologies across multiple groups with varying priorities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.