|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Customer Service & Support
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
An Engineer Technical Advisor (TA) is a service delivery focused subject matter expert. You will own incident metrics such as Speed of Resolution/Solution/etc. as well as quality of the support experience. The primary responsibility is to the engineers in a regional team, focusing on the higher volume services and engaging through technical mentorship, readiness. Your primary activities are targeted towards support incidents and individual mentoring to unblock customer technical issues directly with support engineers. You will also manage collaboration across teams and escalations.
- Provide technical coaching & mentoring for Engineers
- Provide skill-gap analysis, readiness plans and ramp activities
- Case management duties (incoming inspection/queue review, escalations, tech reviews/triage, wellness, reduced Time To... measures)
- Readiness content - identify need for and/or create content
- Manage collaboration activities (reactive, proactive, cross-team for complex cases, overall process)
- Contribute to Supportability activities
- Improve existing and develop new troubleshooting tools
- Technical interviews for new hires
- Assist / acting team manager/ POD leadInterface w/TAM to maintain good customer relations (Premier-focused LOBs)
- Process improvement feedback to appropriate DP and MSFT stakeholders
- PG Collaboration including triages
- Approval of escalations to product group (known as ICMs, Bugs or similar – varies by SBU)
- Direct customer contact (to support frontline engineers, periodic case ownership to maintain technical expertise)
- Influence behaviors to derive desired outcomes replaced Provide Metrics Oversight
- Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles (SEE/EE/EEE/TA); may be workload or specialty specific
- Release management & deployment (ensure it happens, do not own directly)
- Trends/ forecast for LOB
- Responsible for oversight of Speak Up! items (Consumer)
- Assist/ acting team Manager/ POD lead
- 5+ yrs. experience in Security Engineering or consulting, and/or support
- 3+ yrs. customer facing support or customer support experience
- 3+ yrs. experience deep technical knowledge in one or more of the following:Azure Antimalware, Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection or Windows Defender
- Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory Administration
- Enterprise cloud experience with any of the major cloud providers, including cloud security, networking, and migration of multi-cloud or hybrid deployments
- Experience supporting large and complex geographically distributed enterprise environments with 1000+ users
- Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
- Experience with Linux or Mac administration
- Scripting and automation (PowerShell or Python, Java, or a similar language, can be a beginner to intermediate level)
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: