|Job Type:||Full Time|
Across the industry, developers are increasingly diversifying the languages they use, platforms they target, and types of applications they build. Microsoft’s Developer Tools Group delivers tools to make all developers successful and productive in building all types of applications in any language for any platform. The Developer Tools UX Research Team brings a world-class UX to Visual Studio, .NET, and Azure. Millions of developers around the world use these tools every day to build rich applications and use is growing at a phenomenal rate. The applications built span web, mobile, desktop, cloud, gaming, machine learning, and Internet of things.
We are looking for an exceptional UX Researcher with the ability to conduct a range of formative and iterative research methods impacting both product direction and detailed experience design. You will be joining a team of 20 talented UX Researchers whose charter is to design end-to-end experiences for all developers that are useful, usable, and desirable. In this role, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with engineering, design, and business teams across the division to help make customer driven decisions. Your work will happen in the context of a lean or agile development environment supporting the release cadence of teams as well as helping define the strategic direction of products. You will have access to a new, state of the art, modern research lab facility equipped for a variety of research types located in a central hub area on campus. This is a unique opportunity to grow in your career during this period of transformation. Join us and help re-invent the future of the developer experience in this exciting era.
- Design and conduct a range of formative and iterative research methods applicable to all product stages from conception to release.
- Develop comprehensive research strategies to drive data into decisions across the product lifecycle.
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and business partners during all steps of research.
- Translate research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in compelling ways.
- Triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights.
- Communicate and evangelize research results to engineering and business teams.
- Practice and help evolve the team’s research techniques and toolset to work effectively within a rapid product development cadence.
- Align product experiences to the broader developer and Microsoft ecosystem.
- An advanced degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in user research.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of a range of UX research approaches and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Familiarity with modern developer platforms and ecosystems a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.