|Job Type:||Full Time|
DPS is assembling a team of Device Sales professionals to help support the growth and usage of Microsoft Education solutions on Windows 10 devices in the classroom. The DPS Education Device Sales DM, in addition to sales accountability, will provide mentorship and strategic leadership to the Specialist sales org. They will partner with our OEM (MNA/Local) Device Partner’s Education sales force and the Education ATU to drive adoption of Microsoft modern classroom device technologies, specifically Windows 10 with Intune for Education in our K12 customers. The DPS Education Device Sales team with MNA/local OEM partners will drive awareness of Hero Education OEM device portfolio, be accountable to support a breadth pipeline and support trial of third party devices. The role is integral in influencing the future tenders/RFPs and ensuring we are successful in driving our classroom learning solutions and Windows 10 device usage in the classroom. The Device Sales team will be support the ATU with direct customer engagement, evangelising the core features of the Windows 10 Hero Education device solutions (simple deployment and management, low cost devices and cloud productivity solutions) and driving successful pilots.
Objectives for Education Devices Sales:
- Onboarding, guidance and mentorship of device sales specialist resources.
- Best practice codification and sharing across geos.
- Represent DPS EDU Sales in appropriate review and public forums as required.
- Partnership and leverage of OEM Education sales and marketing resources.
- Drive and scale Windows 10 device pipeline through pilots, trials as well as large scale deployments.
- Leverage the robust set of Microsoft technologies to grow the share and usage of Windows 10 devices.
- Identify, target and win a defined set of Windows and compete accounts.
Team Mentor & Lead
- Help the DPS EDU Sales leader with hiring, onboarding and skilling up of the DPS Sales regional resources.
- Package learning from the US compete experience and scale to other subsidiaries as relevant.
- Contribute to annual planning and review processes; customer/partner presentations that build awareness and preference.
- Act as local influencer within K12 external bodies and in broad forums
- Understand the changing competitive landscape of K12 education and demonstrate how the Microsoft Education Solution supports
- Have deep competitive differentiation understanding & objection handling, to include topics such as modern deployment and management of devices, scalability, security and privacy, and pedagogical impact of technology
- Accountable for the following:
- Healthy pipeline tracking of Windows 10 Hero EDU Devices under $300 (2X annual target) and complete Win/Loss write-ups as applicable
- Drive MNA/Local proactive proposals leading to trials and pilots of Win 10 devices
- Partnership with MNA/Local partners to close Win 10 device deals
- Executing Intune for Education awareness and trial
- Ensuring successful cross team execution with ATU and other key Education stakeholders in area
- Drive market share growth for Microsoft and Windows 10 Devices
- Established OEM device sales experience, expertise and credentials with customer line of business needs
- Ideally 5-7 years of experience in driving Edtech solutions in the classroom
- Great communication skills – being able to present, demonstrate and articulate value propositions to small groups and large audiences in a concise manner
- Significant experience positioning education solutions to education decision makers (hardware, cloud services and software)
- Strong partnering, relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Deep understanding of the deployment and management of K12 devices in the classroom and teacher needs
- Awareness of competitive products and landscape.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.