|Location:||New York, New York|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Customer Success Account Manager Leader (CSAM-M Leader) is accountable for end-to-end service program delivery within an assigned portfolio of customers, representing Customer Success throughout all deal phases while demonstrating a critical partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The CSAM-M Leader serves as the primary leadership point of accountability and/or escalation for their portfolio of customers. This role has direct people management responsibility through a team of CSAM Managers, who supervise the Customer Success and Support deliveries to customers by their team. The CSAM-M Leader is accountable for driving customer satisfaction, customer effective use of Microsoft’s cloud platforms, consumption, growth with fulfilling Support contractual obligations, and the governance of delivery for their portfolio of accounts led by their CSAMs.
- Hire, on-board, develop, coach, mentor and evaluate team members. Set a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive.
- Must possess exceptional cross-team collaboration and communication. Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to drive CSAM role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Identify and document consumption best practices and customer references to further grow the success of the CSAM program.
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate cross cloud workload projects to production, including technical readiness, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration.
- Ensure your team delivers high quality production deployments that are resilient and successful.
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management, high-quality reporting and insights, and delivery portfolio health.
- Execute Team Readiness and Development - Attract, develop and retain a talented team of profile CSAM-M and CSAMs, leveraging both HR & external sources to ensure a strong pipeline of future candidates.
- Lead by example via deep, direct involvement in customer engagements and a "showing by doing" mindset. Manage performance through appropriate 1:1s and connect sessions, conduct performance management assessments and reviews annually (FTEs).
- Develop capability thanks to his/her own abilities to deliver all CSAM customer facing activities, including the ability to coach CSAMs on the delivery of a functional design / gap analysis, creation of qualitative "Cloud Success Plans", the design/driving of adoption strategies and plans and the optimization of Microsoft’s purchase options for maximum impact.
- Support and enable professional development planning and execution through assessments and role-based training plans.
- Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
- Ensure team members execute effectively, collaborate appropriately, and deliver a positive impact on the organization.
- Create an inclusive, engaging, and motivating work environment that improves Work Health Index (WHI) results annually.
Lead team to ensure intense focus on Business Value, Active Usage/Adoption, Renewals and Advocacy
- Provide support, coaching and enablement to CSAM team to ensure effective delivery against personal Incentive and Core Priority targets, drive adoption, create high-quality customer success plans, and monitor customer health.
- Become an expert in the Connected Customer Experience methodologies, programs, and processes.
- Build strong client relationships with the appropriate customer executives that support the CSAMs engagements. Strengthen that relationship through a deep understanding of the customer’s business needs.
- Establish a BDM-focused culture.
- Help remove blockers for the team.
- Lead the team to be a proactive, agile, and responsive point of contact for the customer and to be an effective technical Voice of the Customer inside Microsoft.
- Establish a culture that grows account references, advocacy, and loyalty for the CSAM practice by maintaining high levels of customer success and satisfaction.
- Run the monthly/quarterly ROB process and Scrum, both collecting performance data from the team and reporting performance to the Customer Success Unit (CSU) Lead and Corporate Team.
- Manage team appropriately to reach agreed to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Participate as member of the extended Strategy Team in the creation of strategy, targets and processes that will enable successful attainment of goals.
- Manage CSAM coverage/Utilization model and role orchestration to ensure optimal coverage.
- Identify and help remove blockers in processes both internal and external through escalation, scoping, feedback, and coaching.
- Establish regular contact with client base to review and gather feedback on the CSM/CE role and program to drive further improvement.
Enable Stakeholder Collaboration and Coordination
- Help CSAM resources connect to their relevant internal stakeholders and build positive relationships across other Microsoft leadership roles.
- Ensure your team leads customer consumption governance for BDMs for all assigned accounts, through proactive partnership with customer v-team.
- Ensure your team leads Microsoft Teams internal alignment and ROB for all assigned customers through proactive partnership with Microsoft v-team.
- 10+ years of experience in people management required.
- 10+ years of driving change management and effective adoption or consultative delivery
- 7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required.
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required.
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Proven ability to map the customer’s needs to technical solutions
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Demonstrated Customer Delivery leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles
- Ability to act on Customer Escalation needs, Unblock the customer through orchestration of right resources at the right time– required.
- BA/BS or equivalent required, MBA in IT, finance, or general management
- Prior experience leading support organizations
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience strongly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.