|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights, and technology? Do you want to work on one of the largest data science teams at Microsoft, lighting up actionable insights that drive key business decisions for the entire Office365 organization?
The Insights, Data Engineering & Analytics team (IDEAs) is a central data science team for M365 engineering and marketing. The IDEAs Commercial Managed Data Science team is looking for a passionate, creative, analytical, and experienced data scientist who loves big data, is curious to explore, and who wants to impact business decisions.
Our team plays a key role in providing data and analytics for M365 and owns the end to end decision sciences charter that includes:
- Bringing relevant data into a central system to create the single version of truth
- Opportunity analysis and hypothesis generation for stages throughout the end-to-end customer lifecycle
- Building advanced analytical models (behavior segmentation, churn prediction, purchase propensity, recommendation engine, etc.) that spans engineering, marketing, and finance
To be successful in this role you must be driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial, and focused on delivering the right results. You also need to have strong written and oral communication skills, a can-do attitude, and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. You must also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others.
- Design, prototype, implement and test descriptive, predictive analytics, forecasting, and causal inference models
- Work with data engineers to architect and develop operational models that run at scale
- Partner with teams to identify and explore opportunities for the application of machine learning and predictive analysis
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, and contribute modeling expertise as a team player
- Master’s degree or higher in Statistics/Math/Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry work experience in SQL, R, Python implementing statistical models, machine learning, and analysis (Recommenders, Prediction, Classification, Clustering, etc.) in big data environment
- Experience on large scale computing systems like COSMOS, Hadoop, MapReduce and/or similar systems preferred
- Experience with programming, e.g. Java, C# is a plus
- Familiarity with deep learning toolkits, e.g. CNTK, TensorFlow, etc. is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication to educate and work with cross functional teams
- Self-driven and ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.