|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft runs on trust. As our lives and businesses are becoming increasingly digitized, trust is the glue that holds our world together. To create and enhance this trust, we build solutions that proactively protect our customers, our partners and our company from operational risk. Our products make the world safer from corruption and fraud.
The Core Services Engineering Operations (CSEO) group is leading the company’s Digital Transformation journey. We collaborate and partner across the entire company building enterprise, reusable, scalable, end-to-end business applications. We are the first to use our own technology at enterprise scale. Our early adopter experiences, as well as best practices, offer an inside view of Microsoft, which helps inform our customers how to make our technology work for them. CSEO employees make global impact on hundreds of thousands of customers, partners and employees who use Microsoft software and services.
The Microsoft Business Operations- Enterprise, Protection, Intelligence & Compliance (EPIC) team within CSEO is looking for a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to drive adoption and provide insights from a customer perspective to continuously evolve solutions that keep corrupt, fraudulent, or otherwise disallowed entities out of Microsoft’s ecosystems while ensuring ease of doing business with Microsoft.
As CSM, you will work on several initiatives which are highly strategic to Microsoft and help provide insights to solve some of the most complex business problems for Microsoft. This is a data-driven and fast paced environment - where Engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. Success is management of data and analytics which power and anticipate intelligent and safe business decisions across Microsoft and our partner ecosystem while nurturing an empowered team of world class Engineers. You will also work to get large scale solutions to be reusable across multiple organizations both internal and external to Microsoft, as well as leverage work of others through ideas and features from other Microsoft solutions.
Now let's talk about you. We are seeking a curious, growth-oriented CSM who has a strong desire to continue to build on their servant-leadership skills. Do you crave the opportunity to influence world-impacting digital solutions that most people wouldn't believe are possible? Do you like to get ‘hands-on’ technically and contribute in small ways every day and use data to unlock value for customer? We ingest large volumes of complex incoming priorities, and turn them into elegant, efficient experiences that amplify human ingenuity. This work is not easy, but it is meaningful and exciting every day. If you buy into the values of our team and feel that you have relevant skills to offer, come talk to us. Let’s work together to build a foundation of trust that will power our world's digital future.
Drive digital transformation for Microsoft Business Operations and unlock business value by building the right solutions.
- Develop strong customer focus and understand underlying end to end businesses process in addition to ability to identify and articulate unspoken and spoken needs and expected experiences through customer scenarios.
- Improve ROI from Engineering investments by ensuring customers consuming the solution are deriving the business benefits aligned to the right business priorities.
- Build a strong culture of “Tell the Story” to help articulate what success looks like for the customer.
- Create energy and enthusiasm for solutions adoption across customers, users and developers and enable data driven approach for user statistics and usage telemetry.
- Establish culture of transparency and accountability in DevOps and Agile development model.
- Ability to understand the business requirement and perform data analysis on large connected data using SQL/Azure Data lake or equivalent Big Data source system/s.
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health.
- Build/design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of business health.
- Develop and execute the strategy for democratization of data and insights solutions (insights on demand).
- Ability to perform data profiling and add details to the user stories to ensure readiness for development.
- Work with leaders and colleagues to define HEART metrics for the different solutions and provide actionable insights on how to improve our services / products.
- Align with stakeholders within MBO and with other Engineering teams driving collaborative partnerships for data sharing, application development, citizen development for synergies.
- High degree of technical aptitude and a passion to learn new technologies.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Design, Software Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 6 years' minimum experience in Operations, Product Management, Project Management, or Program Management.
- Strong programming knowledge (proficient in SQL)
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake
- Experience– 10+ years of success in complex technical engagement management and/or program management required across data analytics, data science, and application development.
- Leadership- This role requires strong communication skills, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence in varying levels of engagement. The CSM must show leadership across a broad range of stakeholders across Microsoft who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions for overall customer success.
- Program Management- Excellent skills in planning for a portfolio of engagements, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required.
- Collaboration and Communication- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with verbal and written communication. Strong presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management and diverse audience.
- Technical- Driven Agile methodologies (g. SAFe, Scrum, Kanban) and DevOps culture and has experience with big data technologies such as HD Insight, Spark, Hive, etc.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.