|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes, and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Digital Sales organization’s charter is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their technology and business needs make you tick?
Do you possess superior leadership, communications, and consultative capabilities?
As a Post-Sales Commercial Executive, you will work directly with Customers, Partners, and Account Teams to help solve problems related to active customer agreements. Your ability to strategize on solutions and work with multiple teams to develop agreeable solutions will be key to your success in this role.
- Manage Volume Licensing (VL) Post Sales special agreement terms and conditions requests from start to finish, including acquiring approvals from the Business Desk and Executive Management, as required.
- Work with the Regional Operations Centers to support resolution of issues or delays in processing and ensure they are closed (processed and invoiced) accurately.
- Engage a wide variety of stakeholders to brainstorm and resolve issues including contacts at the local sales subsidiary, Business Groups, etc.
- A self-starter who works well in ambiguity and effectively adapts to change.
- Possesses an executive presence who can drive organizational and sales process improvements, in partnership with leaders across US SMC
- Act as a resident Licensing subject matter (SME) and trusted advisor on licensing/complex deal structure/concessions, etc.
- Strong Program Management skills; Ability manage and articulate governing policies and requirements to internal/external business stakeholders
- Leadership & Collaboration: Can effectively influence and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to gain consensus and adoption on complex business initiatives
- Present action plans and results to management and use appropriate escalation techniques to stay on top of goals and objectives
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- Drive Account penetration for volume licensing including Enterprise agreement attach / re-attach and cross-sell / up-sell opportunities, by identifying potential gaps when reviewing the existing contracts
- Define, drive and execute on negotiation strategies and tactics while managing exceptions within “Field Empowerment”
- Contribute to the licensing community and GLSE (Global Licensing Sales Excellence) by sharing best practices and insights on how to avoid common errors.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic teaming environment with SMC sales teams to effectively manage opportunities
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential.
- 3+ years of sales, business, licensing analysis experience, preferably in the software industry.
- Demonstrated planning expertise given complex environments; ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and re-prioritize as necessary to align with current business objectives with proven results.
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners
- Excellent and demonstrated communication and presentation skills and problem solving abilities; ability to project manage effectively (identify needs, craft solution, drive to results); effective collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and verbal communications skills. Ability to successfully communicate with contacts via the phone, email, video and presentations
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.