|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
You: You are a passionate, imaginative Communications and Content Publishing professional. You are ready to lead a team responsible for planning and executing mid- to large-scale changes with creative, ambitious, and bold approaches to communication and education. You know how to capture audience attention, prepare them to adopt and use products, services, and/or apps, and turn them into evangelists—and you impart that knowledge to others. You also know how to inspire a team to innovate and try new things, always striving to drive improvements based on results data and what you’re learning.
You harness the creativity of your team to build and execute effective strategic integrated communication and readiness plans. You collect and use feedback and telemetry reporting to gain the insights needed to innovate, guide comms and content prioritization and capacity investment, and deliver and optimize content throughout its lifecycle. You have experience creating engaging content for a variety of channels, for broad and targeted audiences, integrating into the technology experience, when possible. You work effortlessly across the organization with everyone from Program Managers to Chiefs of Staff. You care deeply about people, their strengths, their opportunities for growth, and helping them meet their career goals. You’re a team player and contributing to others’ success inspires you.
Us: We are a team of highly motivated Content Publishers who creatively lead and land communication and content plans for internal technology changes. Our work supports change management—often working directly with Product Marketing Teams and Product Engineering groups—and drives the early adoption of Microsoft products and services to improve employee satisfaction and productivity. We exist to make it easy for Microsoft employees to understand, use, and evangelize the company’s products effectively.
We’re a team that makes things happen. We love clever and innovative ideas and approaches. We constantly take a fresh approach to our work. We aren’t wedded to the existing way of doing things. We learn, grow, and cheer for each other along the way. We’re proud of the work we do!
Core Services Engineering & Operations is seeking a strong manager for a team of Content Publishing and Communications professionals. This person should have people manager, content, and communications experience and skills. To lead a team driving employee awareness, adoption, and usage of Microsoft technologies, you will develop team strategies, lead innovation and growth initiatives, build effective business relationships, and develop ways to measure the success of the communications and learning content produced by your team.
- Accountable for A) leading an FTE team responsible for motivating employees to embrace technology change and ensuring they’re capable of using them productively through creative and clear communications and content and, B) fostering a culture aligned with the Microsoft values and where people can do their best work.
- Define the vision and strategy for the aspirational user experience with communications and readiness related to their core productivity experiences.
- Partner across a broad set of feature crews, product marketing groups, and other stakeholders to achieve this vision and strategy.
- Develop a strong business intelligence capability to gain broad insights and identify opportunities grounded in a data driven approach.
- Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies across Microsoft.
- Lead with a focus on people, ensuring employee satisfaction, diversity and growth and development.
- 3 years communications and content publishing experience or equivalent
- 3 years people management experience or equivalent
Preferred, not required:
- Strong business acumen.
- Natural curiosity for new technologies.
- Highly determined with a creative and solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Passion for the user experience.
- Seeks out challenges and continuously strives to advance solutions.
- Focus on quality and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate
Thoughtful people manager with focus on developing people and leading teams. Passionate about the intersection of the user experience and technology and committed to achieving new levels of user productivity. Self-driven individual who enjoys learning new technologies and can see the future potential of this technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.