|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Office Apple Productivity Experiences (APEX) team is an experienced and highly passionate team at Microsoft that builds and maintains end-to-end ownership of Office on Apple platforms.
Within APEX, the Customer Insights team is responsible for a wide breadth of areas related to improving customer satisfaction, ensuring our teams safe velocity, and increasing the currency of office installs. We own APEX’s telemetry instrumentation mechanisms, its error reporting infrastructure, the automated collection and analysis of application telemetry and feedback, and multiple application components such as Microsoft Autoupdate, What’s New, Help Viewer, etc.
Our team leverages multiple technologies ranging from Azure Services and Big Data to Mobile and Desktop application development. Our work is primarily in C#, C++, and Objective-C. This is a great team to have direct impact on millions of Mac and iOS users. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
This job might be a good fit for you if:
- You want to be part of the team that continuously delivers value that delights our Apple customers
- You want to be part of a diverse, fast paced, and highly technical team that takes pride in attention to detail, quality, and delivering value to our customers in an agile fashion
- You want to work on multiple platform spanning technologies
- You are proficient in C#, C++, or Objective-C.
- You continually challenge yourself and your peers to grow.
- You embrace and innovate on the latest technologies to improve efficiency in daily tasks.
- You proactively share your ideas and give feedback to others on theirs and when you see a problem, you jump in and help solve it.
- You are data driven in all that you do and are an excellent problem solver.
- You challenge the why with data to justify your position and through iterative experimentation.
- You ensure there is a way to leverage telemetry and collecting feedback to measure success and to improve user engagement and experience.
- Be involved in designing, coding, and testing features and have direct impact in the productivity for millions of customers in Apple platform
- Focus on metrics and experimentation, and pay close attention to data to ensure that changes are solving problems
- Actively be involved in design discussions and code reviews
- Have direct positive impact on our team and customers, while working with partners across the company on shared objectives that furthers the value of Microsoft 365
- BS in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of design and coding experience in at least one variant of C (C#, C++, Objective-C)
- Motivated engineer who can learn quickly on an evolving set of technologies.
- Passion and commitment to delivering exceptional products and experiences.
- Good communication skills.
Additional skills that are not required but that would be immediately beneficial:
- Any Mac or iOS experience (including Objective-C, Swift)
- Any .Net development experience
- Large-scale commercial software development.
- A wide range of technical domain specific expertise such as: User Interfaces, Multithreading, OS fundamentals, Compilers, Performance, Security such as sandboxing, Telemetry, Multi-language functionality, Automation frameworks.
We strongly believe that core software engineering skills combined with passion and ability to tackle new and continuously evolving technical challenges enables truly amazing results.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.