|Location:||Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the technology industry, you will help customers get to the cloud across Microsoft solution areas like Modern Workplace, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, and Data and AI.
The Cloud Solution Architect team consists of highly capable individuals that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. As a Cloud Solutions Architect, your primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers, partners and your account team to understand the business’s needs, and then prove and design customer business solutions that leverage the Microsoft Cloud for Business with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure. You will own technical and solution envisioning around data platform and analytics, with customers via Microsoft Teams including demos, custom demos, solution designs, implementation plans and proof of concepts.
Key Responsibilities include
- Understand customers’ overall data estate, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create Data Platform, AA/AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, ML Server, BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Big Data, Data Lake, Azure Databricks, etc.)
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, collaborate across organization to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Meet and exceed team-level monthly, quarterly and annual targets for Azure Consumption Revenue (ACR) and sales pipeline, as well as operational metrics
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. 4-year degree preferred. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field desired
- 2-6+ years of related experience in technical pre and post sales and/or technical consulting roles within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, VMWare, Google, IBM, Oracle.
- Azure Data Engineer Certified or Azure Database Administrator Certified or prepared to attain certification within 3 months
- Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architecture for data platform and analytics
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services
- Understanding and passion for cloud computing technologies, platforms, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems
- Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, senior executives, industry decision makers and or boards
- Success-driven, works well in a diverse team and enjoy a dynamic and changing environment
- Experience and passion for learning (technical and professional skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from the experience; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.