|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Executive Communications Director
Are you a communications professional with a passion for storytelling and skills for reaching audiences in creative ways? Would you like to experience first-hand the transformation our customers and partners are undertaking across the US? Are you an entrepreneurial spirit looking for a fast-paced environment? If so, the Office of the President of Microsoft US has an opportunity for you.
We are looking to fill a key role in the team, the Director of Executive Communications. Our Office’s purpose is to enable Microsoft to achieve its mission by maximizing the scale, impact, and voice of the Microsoft US President & CVP.
In this role, your mission will be to maximize the voice of the Microsoft US President. You are self-motivated and self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You work well in a team and in ways that drive high quality results quickly and uphold the team's philosophy to operate with the highest levels of integrity and trust. You demonstrate initiative and frame focus and priorities and pursue breakthrough thinking.
Structurally, you report into the Chief of Staff. And you are also part of the vibrant and passionate community of communications professionals in the company and partner closely with a wide range of stakeholders including HR, Business SMEs, and with Microsoft US teams.
Platform strategy and development: you shape the MSUS President’s communications platform spanning vision and thought leadership, business strategy and organizational leadership, from both an internal and external lens. Includes reviewing and evaluating communications requests and opportunities, gathering input from key stakeholders to reinforce the platform.
Creative storytelling: you develop a compelling storytelling across written communications (speeches, emails, briefing documents, Q&As, social media posts, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations…) and social media channels for both internal and external audiences. You research and find the most impactful customer and internal culture stories from across the regions, engage with other teams to synthesize key talking points and messages across the company and align messaging with the strategic vision and goals of the Company.
Events engagement: you lead the MSUS President’s engagement at key internal and external events (Ready, Inspire, CEO Summit, Most Powerful Women conference, Envision, Davos, Government Cloud Forum, etc) including partnering with event and production teams, partnering with PPT and visual designers and other partners on content and demo creation and directing the work of external agencies and vendors in the development and execution of content.
MSUS President’s Office and Field alignment: you build a strong community across all the communications leads in the US market to align and advance the sub/GSMO priorities and focus areas and increase engagement with the field across various channels.
Culture change: you support the continued culture change in the MSUS organization, including communications to deepen employees' understanding of the culture change and help MSUS leaders lead with and build our culture of growth mindset.
- 10+ years in communications, in particular strong content development experience and passion for storytelling.
- Exceptional English written communications skills demonstrated with written samples of work. Proven strong presentation, speech writing, and PR content development experience.
- Proven ability to listen and collaborate well - building and drawing upon a wide network, sparking great ideas, gathering and incorporating feedback from multiple stakeholders and v-teams.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business or related field (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize the complex - able to take multiple, complicated, disparate inputs from a variety of materials, evidence, and long form messaging and transform it into simple, clear, succinct, elegant, and compelling communication work products like talking points, Q&A, social content, and similar.
- Commitment to high-standards of quality and an eye for detail.
- High capacity for multitasking and project management skills, able to manage multiple, high-stakes projects and deliverables simultaneously across workgroups and stakeholders.
- Resourceful and solution-oriented and not afraid to ask questions if you don't know the answer.
Self-directed with great initiative and sense of ownership.
- Highly comfortable in a high-paced and dynamic team environment, graceful and resilient under pressure.
- Executive maturity and demonstrate high EQ.
- Previous experience in a C-suite / Executive office in a communications role
- Experience in a global, large-scale organization. Commercial is a plus.
- Experience working with or in a marketing or PR agency
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.