|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. As a studio, the quality of our products is our top priority, and we are investing in modernizing our development process so we can ship higher quality code to our players, faster.
We’re looking for a Senior Lab Manager to lead the mission of building out and supporting the physical lab infrastructure we use for test automation. This responsibility is a key part of Minecraft’s pursuit of more reliable, responsive and capable test automation, which leads straight to a better game and happy players!
- Operate, improve and expand Mojang Studio’s Redmond test automation labs
- Manage a small team of Lab Engineers and the work backlog for you and the team
- Regularly communicate with partner teams on requirements, plans and status
- Coordinate with IT and facilities teams to manage HVAC, power, network and space concerns
- Perform capacity planning, budgeting, projection and procurement of test hardware
- Partners and collaborates with key stakeholders to identify, agree, and deliver technology solutions for key automation objectives
- Work with automation software team to improve test run reliability, issue detection and alerting capabilities
- Standardize and document onboarding, inventory, configuration and maintenance of all systems
- Implement remote access solutions that minimize the need for in-person lab work
- Passion for great service, operational excellence and quick resolution of issues
- 5+yearsoperating and continuously improving an automation test lab
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentorship to a team of lab engineers
- Experience in an automation lab setting with as many of these platforms as possible: Windows clients, severs & VMs, Mac, Linux, Game consoles (Xbox, PS4, Switch), mobile devices (iOS & Android) or AR/MR devices such as Oculus Rift
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems such as Azure DevOps and test automation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.