|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior UX Designer
The Dynamics 365 Connected Store team is looking for pioneers to transform the modern physical retail workplace. We use emerging technologies – including computer vision, IoT, and machine learning – to augment and improve the professional lives of retailers and their shoppers around the world. Intuitive experiences, built on an AI driven insights engine, will allow sensors to become the eyes and ears of the modern physical retail store.This allows retailers to enhance shopper experiences, empower their floor associates and operate more effectively.
Our mission is to bring the same data-drivendecision making enabled in online retail experiences, to physical stores. All backed by a paramount focus on Shopper privacy and AI ethics. We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Senior UX Designer with experience shipping end-to-end features and defining north-star visions.
Since every space is unique, the Connected Store enables its customers to optimize the system for their own unique requirements. Your areas of responsibility will include designing the tooling that will allow an eco-system of developers and makers (using low-code no-code patterns) to build value around the Connected Store.
An ideal candidate will have worked on early-stage products, is proficient in both visual and interaction design, and is comfortable influencing across multiple disciplines. You will work closely and in partnership with teams in the Business Applications (Dynamics, Power Platform and Power BI) eco-system including developer, science and PM teams to build the future of retail. You will be responsible for designing the tooling and related extensibility aspects of the Connected Store.
We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join an exciting, fast-paced team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves—and work at the forefront of Microsoft’s product portfolio.
You bring these things to the role:
- 7+ years of combined product design, enterprise UX, or relevant agency-side experience.
- A unique ability to create UX strategies and solutions from the customer point of view
- Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly in a new space
- Team collaborator who delivers highly usable and compelling customer experiences
- Disciplined user of research data and insights to drive decisions and measure success
- Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
- Comfortable with ambiguity, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and have a point of view
- Possess a decisive bias toward action
- Proficient at influencing for impact
- Tireless evangelist of UX among partner teams to raise product quality
- Experience with responsive design and cross-device interfaces/inputs from mobile, tablet, desktop.
- Strong interest in design and technology trends, with an eye toward the future
- Visual and interaction skills
- Inclusive design is embraced as a challenge, not a limitation
- Experience in systems thinking both in products and process
- Bias towards simplification of information architecture
- Understanding and applying customer feedback, research, and telemetry to the design process
- Track record of successful cross-team collaboration
- Effective storyteller, confident presenting and promotion design solutions
This is primarily an onsite role working at Microsoft’s Redmond campus. (Post COVID-19 WFH)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.