|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Business Process Outsource (BPO) Operations is responsible for the execution of contracting, performance management, and delivering business services in support of a wide range of business units within Microsoft. Our Mission is to be trusted advisors who anticipate and operationally execute our services and create value to both Microsoft and our Customers.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Want to use your language skills to help make better Microsoft products?
The transcription specialist will be a key component in building the next generations of speech recognition by producing high quality transactions which will train and improve Microsoft products. The analyst will use native language skills to capture nuances with high fidelity. In this role, you will be the foundation of the Microsoft teams responsible for driving high AI technology; such as, AI assistance for people’s daily life, meeting captioning, and more.
The transcription specialist’s responsibilities include:
- Using in house tools to annotate data for various projects. One key example is providing transcription (text) for audio clips.
- Going through content (online and offline), extract information, provide needed annotation/information through tools with high accuracy and consistency.
- Performing quality evaluation of results produced by different sources.
Location and language requirements:
Job location: Redmond, Washington USA
- Native speaker of English, United States
- Native speaker of French, Canada
- Native speaker of Brazilian Portuguese, Brazil
- Native speaker of Arabic, Algeria
- Native speaker of Arabic, Saudi Arabia
- Native speaker of Spanish, Mexico
- Native speaker of Spanish, Argentina
- Native speaker of Spanish, Colombia
- Native speaker of Spanish, United States
- High School degree/GED or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of required language spelling, vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, accents, intent
- Native speaker of the target locale/language & lived in the native country within the last five years or equivalent experience. See location and language requirements
- Fluent in English – both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- In depth knowledge of required language pitch, tones, rhythm, intent, etc.
- Passionate individual with a flair for working in a highly dynamic workspace
- Ability to have fun at work while bringing your authentic self
- A great team member
- Linguistics or computational linguistic background
- Experience in language technology including speech
- Proficient in multiple required languages
- Great attention to detail
- Good computer skills
- Quick learner
- Relevant certifications
These jobs require individuals to work at the office location. However, due to the global pandemic jobs may temporarily be located from home until the decision is made to open local offices and employees may safely return to work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.