|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Houston, Texas, Irving, Texas, Raleigh, North Carolina, Reston, Virginia, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? A team relentlessly focused on customer needs, market expansion and advancing Microsoft Cloud strategy? Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about Cloud Computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft’s core businesses? Then look no further than the Azure Global Team!
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure Global Team is investing in building industry specific technology solutions.
In this role, you will be a key member of the Azure global industry engineering team especially focused on data & analytics platform. This means driving the creation and enhancement of industry data models and ensuring their impactful deployment across Microsoft solutions. The Azure global industry team works hand-in-hand with Azure’s most strategic customers, you will translate customer requirements into viable data based solutions centered around data models that will transform their businesses and ultimately transform their industry. The role calls for someone especially adept at conceptualizing complex data models quickly and delivering against the customer needs. The ideal candidate will possess deep experience across all industries that are critical to Azure. This includes Retail, CPG, Oil & Gas, Financial Services, Healthcare, etc. Expertise in cloud data & analytics workloads and data schemas with demonstrated success in taking businesses into the cloud is also a must.
- 10+ years’ of architecture experience inclusive of data modeling
- Experience in with complex, strategic, business process, with a deep understanding of to describe them using data models.
- Experience working with top tier customers C suite and across the customer and Microsoft internal stakeholder landscape.
- A structural, repeatable approach in solving complex problems, can communicate in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements, scenarios into products and services, ability to deliver results in an environment of ambiguity.
- Stellar cross group collaboration, able to drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills, strong leadership and influencing skills. Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments, with both technical and business groups internally and externally.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Business or equivalent
- Cross industry experience
- Ability to take initiative, lead in ambiguous situations, and produce results
- Independent, with internal drive and self-motivated
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
- Drive roadmap and enhancements to data models and architecture which support the strategic deployment of data models at Microsoft and customer sites
- Have an execution focused mindset, ability to roll up your sleeves, working with various engineering teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.