|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technical Art Director:
343 Industries is looking for a Technical Art Director to join our team, working on the next big Halo shooter experience. This role will focus on graphics & rendering, helping direct, guide and drive the development of our proprietary rendering technology. Ensuring we are making the best technical decisions to execute on our Art Director’s vision and achieve incredible visuals.
We are looking for a seasoned leader with extensive technical rendering experience but who is an artist at heart, someone who enjoys strong collaboration and is comfortable working across the team, generating results by working with/through others. Developing strong partnerships with our Art Directors and Graphics Engineers will be essential and working with them to ensure our graphics technology meets the needs of our Art team and project.
You would need a deep understanding of the latest industry techniques and the passion, drive and vision to help pioneer future graphics techniques & technology. Extensive knowledge of real-time rendering, shading, lighting & post processing will be required along with the artistic knowledge of how these can be applied to develop a final visual look.
If you are an expert in real-time rendering, shading & look development who wants to work on a team investing big in the future, on one of the most exciting franchises in the industry, this is where you should be.
- Partner with our Art Leads and collaborate with our Graphics Engineers to develop world class rendering technology and runtime visuals
- Drive the content team’s vision for our rendering technology/roadmap and prioritize content team needs across our various rendering technologies
- Partner with Engineers and work in our proprietary game engine to establish solutions for specialized/complex rendering needs such as Water/Foliage/Hair etc.
- Oversee look development efforts across the team to ensure consistency of technical execution and unification of look and techniques
- Be the content team driver of R&D efforts, investigate and pioneer cutting edge graphics technology, establishing potential usage and feasibility
- Work with Art leads to establish and educate technical best practices to ensure content is being built in the best and most efficient way to hit our Art style and quality bar
- Ensure that we have a good performance budget process in place across the content teams
- Work directly with Artists and Engineers to troubleshoot rendering issues in our proprietary engine
- 6+ years industry experience in video games and/or VFX industry
- Experience working in shading/lighting/look development for on one or more shipped game titles
- Professional portfolio demonstrating technical art experience in rendering, shading, lighting, post processing and look development
- Professional knowledge of AAA game engines & render pipelines
- Professional knowledge of current industry graphics technologies and standards including lighting, shading, post processing, HDR, Wide Color Gamut, texture compression/filtering and anti-aliasing
- Ability to drive cross discipline strike teams to collaborate on visual targets and rendering technology
- Broad knowledge/experience with Maya, Substance Designer, Photoshop and ability to quickly learn new DCC software
- Experience designing or helping develop rendering technology for AAA proprietary game engines.
- Experience managing performance budgets and optimization process for games
- Passion for making visually groundbreaking games, with a desire to push boundaries and forge new industry standards
microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.