|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
As a Senior iOSEngineer, you will be an integral part of our tight-knit group of dedicated problem solvers. The ideal candidate should be able to quickly make an impact on the mobile team and work with the larger Flipgridproduct team to deliver an innovative and meaningful learning experience to millions of students and educators.
- Deliver iOS experiences that are highly crafted and rewarding to theFlipgridcommunity.
- Collaborate with mobile, design, and product teams to ensure the goals of the product are aligned with the delivered featureor service.
- Continued ability to deliver experiences that are user-focused and adhere to accessibility standards.
- Workwith the product development team in driving innovative approaches to solving complex problems.
- Ensure all delivered user-facing elementsfollowsaccessibility and inclusivity standards defined byWCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- 6+years ofiOS development experiencedeveloping features and experiences formedium-to-large-scale applications
- 5+ yearsguiding and mentoringa team of mobile engineers
- Strongexperience developing world-class applicationsusing Swift.
- Excellent working knowledge of REST APIs and consuming/modeling API-driven content.
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks (XCTest, Appium andUIAutomation).
- Strong understanding of data persistence/database frameworks (Realm, Core Data, SQLite).
- Design-driven with a strong understanding of theAppleHumanInterface Guidelines and best design practices.
Bonus credit for:
- Experience inmedia capturing, editing, and playback usingAVFoundation.
- Proficient in delivering accessible apps that leverage touch and spoken feedback.
- Skilledin working with continuous integration platforms (Visual Studio App Center, GitHub Actions, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of theUIKithelper APIs such asSnapKit,PureLayout, and/or Cartography.
- Experience withCoreAnimationand similar frameworks and libraries.
- Experience analyzing and improving service efficiency and reliability.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only Virtual Interview Day on November 12, 2020.Position specifics, including hiring team, location and position details, will be determined during the interview process
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.