|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are excited about our mission – to empower customers (including Microsoft) to protect, detect, respond to and remediate threats against their Machine Learning systems and private training data. No matter where you have deployed your machine learning model, Microsoft wants to protect your critical Machine Learning assets.
The Microsoft Cloud Security group provides cybersecurity research, risk expertise and engineering leadership to secure the Microsoft Cloud. We provide a security monitoring platform and analytics, scan automation, threat detection and risk reduction for the Azure platform portfolio of IaaS compute as well as Serverless and PaaS services including Storage, SQL DB, App Services, Functions, AI, IoT to name a few, enabling customers to build secure and compliant Cloud-Native as well as Hybrid applications.
The Azure Trustworthy Machine Learning group is looking for a software engineer to design and productionize adversarial ML detection research. A relatively new team, this is a unique opportunity to join an internal “startup” initiative at Microsoft, with green field development path. In this role, you will be the primary software developer responsible for the data pipeline and platform integration. You will work with internal red teams, MSR Researchers and platform engineers to ship new product features that are novel with high scalability and availability.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about the security of machine learning.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience using C#, Java or C++
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience using Python
- 2+ years of Software Engineering and experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
- Experience with Microsoft’s data storage and analysis systems, including Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, LogAnalytics, AppInsights, Scuba
- Experience with information security platforms
- Experience building and/or attacking machine learning
- A passion for building and participating in highly effective teams and development processes
- Success collaborating with other teams on platform requirements
- Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.