|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a member of our team, you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business, charting new areas of innovation, and contributing to our partnership engagements that build and launch devices and solutions worldwide. You will also be part of a people-first culture that supports a growth mindset, equality, and inclusion. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in DPS.
In the Device Partner Solution Sales (DPSS) Team, we drive growth for Microsoft and our partners through strategic expertise, customer obsession and execution excellence in marketing and selling our winning portfolio of devices and solutions.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Device and Partner Sales (DPS) team plays a critical role in achieving this mission. We build and sell intelligent edge and intelligent cloud devices and solutions with partners, including OEMs, device distribution channels, original design manufacturers, and Silicon providers. We work closely with our device ecosystem and internal business groups to enable partners to deliver amazing innovative experiences powered by Windows.
The Commercial Category Manager works across product teams, the worldwide GTM team, and in-market stakeholders to develop and execute effective go-to-market strategies and plans that result in OEM Pro and Education Device activations and software attach. The Commercial Category team is on point for key compete motions, developing and supporting new execution models including CSP and hybrid cloud. We deliver the Intelligent Edge of the Intelligent Cloud.
This role is essential in driving the digital transformation through partners and bringing the modern workplace to life for customers. We need strong regional leaders to drive holistic One Microsoft plans, land our curated collection of hero products, identify new growth opportunities, and regularly represent the voice of our partners and customers. By joining this team, you will play a vital role in the continued growth of the Modern Workplace, a multi-billion-dollar business!
Drive Regional Plan and Identify Growth Opportunities
- Achieve/exceed activations targets for Win 10 Pro and Education. Achieve/exceed Windows Server and Office SMB revenue target. Grow Windows share through partners and with internal stakeholders. Ownership of revenue and scorecard metrics to DPSS and the area Marketing & Operations (M&O) teams.
- Land WW category plans locally in partnership with the modern workplace ecosystem (Device Sales, Device Marketing, OEMs, ODR, GSMO, OCP, Silicon, etc.).
- Identify and execute growth opportunities collectively across local teams. Orchestrate execution, measure, and report success.
Drive Investment and Programs
- Leverage investments to drive transformation priorities in partnership with local sales teams.
- Own and drive investments; orchestrate program alignment internally and externally. Achieve ROI through partners and internal stakeholders. Report results/ learnings.
Land the Curated Device Portfolio, ensure up-sell/cross-sell opportunities, and build new sales motions
- Be the local device portfolio expert. Drive local assortment of modern OEM devices at volume for Commercial and Education to enable expedited device sales through partner. Identify device portfolio requirements/gaps. Resolve gaps locally then escalate to worldwide
- Ensure Not to Exceed (NTE) compliance, confirming hero devices are discoverable at right spec and price with 1-2 ODR partners.
- Drive the appropriate attach, cross-sell, and up-sell of Microsoft services and introduce new sales motions such as CSP, DaaS, Hybrid Server, etc.
Advocate the Modern Commercial Story across partner and internal sales teams
- Advocate the Commercial story, the DPSS Team to tell the commercial devices, Office, and Server story externally
- Establish key internal partnerships with modern workplace teams to synchronize strategies and maximize investments. Work with Microsoft 365 Product Marketing Managers, Microsoft Education counterparts, One Commercial Partner, and Small Medium Corporate (SMC) teams.
- Deliver partner and market insights on product and program performance through the WW DPSS rhythm of business (RoB)
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Four year college degree or equivalent professional experience required – MBA preferred
- 10+ years relevant commercial experience in Sales/Marketing/Supply Chain Mgmt, ideally at other device companies
- Proven expertise in business management. Success in scaling existing business models and building new business for growth (business/channel development, entrepreneur, change management)
- Proven ability to build and drive strong partner relationships, you can become your clients trusted advisor
- Executive & intercultural communication skills
- Executive communication skills with the ability to influence internally and externally
- Thriving in ambiguity and challenging status quo
- Background in PC hardware and/or the commercial hardware channel a plus
- Travel required, 25% depending on role location
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.