|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Service Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our Data Center Integration Services (DCIS) team.
Data Center Integration Services (DCIS) team supports Microsoft’s global data center operations with datacenter deployments and maintenance of the physical Cloud services infrastructure. Our team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting tools and reports, to perform day-to-day activities for deployment, break/fix, and hardware quality teams within the Microsoft Cloud Operations & Innovation organization.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- Active role of an escalation engineer to drive new capacity deployments in the data center
- Support production escalations w.r.t. break-fix, datacenter support tickets with an emphasis on Azure and diagnostic tooling
- Drive deep-dive incident analysis for postmortems/root cause and repair items for breached SLA
- Contribute to the creation of new tools that integrate data from various upstream systems from supply chain to IcM
- Drive quality, standardization, and consistency across worldwide Microsoft datacenter portfolio
- Manage high impacting situations that involve technically challenging issues across diverse audiences
- Lead and represent in other engineering partner meetings to share knowledge with other engineers in developing the right solutions for the customer
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Solid communication skills
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills with demonstrated experience
- A strong customer focus, with an ability to make critical decisions independently in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Loves to work and encourage a diverse and inclusive environment
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.