|Job Type:||Full Time|
As pioneers in audio and video technology, we at Poly uniquely understand the power of human connection. We've seen it drive innovation, solve problems, inspire action and power productivity. We are bringing together our portfolio of high-quality, proven products and services to connect people to what matters most -- whether it's their colleagues, customers, playlists or favorite games. Together, our technology will keep that connection strong and fuel a future collaboration and understanding, in spite of circumstances, distance or time zones.
Poly is a global leader in business audio and video communications. For more than 50 years, we’ve been driven by a single obsession to support our customers’ most important needs: experiencing and facilitating simple and clear communications while enjoying distraction-free environments.
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in a newly created role in the Enterprise Headset Product Management team at a very exciting time for Poly. If you have a passion for critical thinking, connecting the dots to interpret and analyse market/customer data/problems, building a strategic and credible view of the SW/FW product roadmap, and working cross-functionally with Engineering, UX, Innovation, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Analysts, and Go-to-Market teams, this role is for you.
We are a global team with the goal for fulfilling our vision through best in class solutions, innovation and rigorous execution. Our company is made up of smart, highly capable, action-oriented, inquisitive people who bring their best selves to work each day and treat others as we wish to be treated.
Mission: We discover and invent the tools and technologies that provide a focused and distraction-free environment for you to perform at your best.
In this role, you will report directly to the V.P. Product Management Enterprise Headsets and be responsible for identifying and exploring new product and experience opportunities leading to the development of the global product roadmap for our Enterprise headset products. This is a very strategic role where you will discover market problems through analysis, leveraging customer insights, conducting usability studies, identifying market trends, and performing competitive analysis. As a result of this discovery, you will be expected to develop the product strategy, roadmap and positioning of our SW/FW roadmap as it relates to devices. You will use this data to develop a concise and well-defined business plan which should result in market leadership.
- Develop Global Enterprise multi-year product SW roadmap alignment and pipe-line prioritization across Portfolio Management, Product Management, R&D and global stakeholders.
- Translate strategy into business plans and roadmaps and feature sets.
- Develop compelling SW category strategies that deliver market-leading customer value – the plan for remarkable products, with the right value proposition, that have customer and market appeal. Be the champion for the customer.
- Ensure that the plans and execution enable a compelling customer experience in line with the brand standards.
- Tools that enable our customers to do FW upgrades and gather key user insights.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Prepare, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements for short- and long-term releases.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Define feature roadmap for Poly’s products based on business opportunities and market research.
- Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy.
- Validate detailed specifications and development costing versus market potential and future predictable revenue.
- Become subject matter experts in product’s markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with Marketing Support and Training teams.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with Marketing Support team. (Including Release Notes, demonstrations, and Improvement Reports.)
- Collaborate with technology to create strategies by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities. (e.g., Buy/Build decisions)
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, training of support groups, train the trainer programs, and presentations at symposia, trade shows, and key customer accounts.
- Act as liaison between Sales, Client Services, Marketing Support, and Technology teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Work with Training team to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Client Services team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience combined with some post secondary education.
- Product Management certification a plus.
- Project Management certification a plus.
- A minimum of eight years progressive experience in Product Management,
- Experience creating and maintaining profit and loss documentation for products and services.
- Relevant experience discovering market problems to be solved with an 'outside the box' in approach
- Channel and customer insights
- Product Portfolio Definition with HW/SW as the solution
- Expereince building Warranty/EOS/Services Strategy
- Experience developing creative ways to evaluate the business, find opportunities, and drive overall product and user value
What do we have to offer?
- Join a fun and supportive global team, going through a journey of change and globalization fully supported by the senior leadership team, truly making an impact on Poly’s success in the future.
- Joining a community that sets high standards, actively supports personal and professional development, and strives to provide an optimal work life balance.
Poly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.