|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about protecting customers and contributing to their safety online? Do you want to work on a highly collaborative, diverse team that is helping lead Microsoft and the industry as we tackle this important challenge?
The Microsoft Digital Safety Office’s mission is to empower every person to have safe and trusted experiences on Microsoft products and services. The team’s primary objectives are to:
- Shape global policy and emerging legal frameworks related to digital safety by engaging with industry, government, and civil society
- Mitigate digital risk by enabling Microsoft's compliance with legal obligations and voluntary commitments to remove or otherwise manage illegal and harmful online content
- Integrate safety by design into Microsoft product and services by engaging with engineering and business groups
The Digital Safety Office is immediately seeking a motivated and dedicated individual to join the team as a Technical Advisor. In the dynamic landscape of user generated content, the Technical Advisor works to ensure Microsoft’s online products and services are safe, predictable, and compliant with Microsoft policies. You will use your problem-solving skills to continuously deliver value to customers, while making a larger impact on society and advancing digital safety. Core to the role is daily analysis of extremely impactful content like Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Imagery (CSEAI), Terrorist and Extremist Violence (TVEC), hate speech, harassment, and non-consensual pornography. To do this work you will be joining an outstanding team that delivers results by focusing on individual accomplishment, effective collaboration, and leveraging the work of others. Our culture is centered on diversity, mutual support, team accomplishments and a focus on wellness and resilience.
As a Technical Advisor, you will be responsible for analyzing and reviewing images, videos, and text-based content, including child sexual exploitation and abuse imagery as well as violent extremism. In the context of this role, individuals may be exposed to potentially disturbing content, and will need a level of resilience and maturity. We care for our employees’ safety and well-being and ensure that they have the support and resources needed to execute the responsibilities of their roles. The Technical Advisor will be expected to be active and enthusiastic participant in team wellness programs, maintain a personal wellness plan, and contribute to a resilience focused culture.
In addition, the Technical Advisor will be expected to recognize abuse trends and understand policy implementation. Through weekly case reviews, the Technical Advisor will support drive continuous improvement in processes, procedures, policy and tooling.
On-call, afterhours, flexible shifts and weekend shifts will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree – or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on sensitive investigations involving legal and government appointed agencies
- Ability to work with extremely impactful content posted on the internet including but not limited to: graphic violence, adult content, and CSEAI
- Strong self-awareness and ability to communicate status effectively
- Understanding of social networking and online trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the representation of business metrics to senior leaders, stakeholders, and relevant outside organizations
- Ability to develop strong long-term relationships with senior leaders, peers, and outside partners
- Experience with high volume, rapid paced environments preferred
- Knowledge and experience using popular software (Office, Excel, PowerPoint) and social media or gaming
- Active participation in team wellness and resilience activities is required
- Some business travel may be required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.