|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Microsoft we are a key part of the digital transformation revolution and we are committed to supporting startups around the world as they build innovative, inspiring new products and businesses to boost it. We are reinventing how we work with startups and are aligning our efforts with strategic industry verticals like Healthcare & Life Sciences, Retail, Manufacturing, Financial Services etc...
Microsoft through its mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is changing the business landscape with its technology offerings across Modern Workplace, Cloud & AI and Business Applications. Microsoft for Startups is a key part of this vision by helping develop the companies and entrepreneurs of the future. This achieved by leveraging Microsoft’s business acumen, technologies, and market presence.
The team is global and takes a 360 degree approach to building success. We work with VCs, Industry organizations, Customers and our Field teams to identify the most promising startups. We then partner side by side with their leaders to leverage the Microsoft assets and drive success through our global market footprint in the B2E space.
This role is focused on working tightly with and recruiting strategic startups in the Healthcare & Life Sciences vertical space, to ensure they are successful in building and selling Microsoft technology-based applications to their customers. We partner with multiple teams across Microsoft to make this happen.
As part of the Microsoft for Startups Group you will be seen as an expert on both customer pain points in the vertical sector and the desired business outcomes they are seeking. You will use this knowledge to help our startups drive successful customer production deployments with our cutting edge set of technologies at the core. You will be instrumental in helping startups position their offering in a business context so customers and the Microsoft ecosystem really understand its benefits. This will fuel their desire for them to drive it into production. You are a creative person who loves to learn, passionate about customers and startups, and focused on bringing results. You’ve worked in the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry and have already been involved in selling and implementing multiple projects. You’re looking for a new adventure that will build on your years of experience. You’re excited about helping startups achieve their results and about influencing them to drive their businesses to sell and implement the next generation of applications that will change the world for the better. In this role you will be a key person in driving our strategic startup strategy in the Healthcare & Life Sciences vertical as well as assisting them with the building and closure of lighthouse deals.
You will be a meaningful part of an expanding team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desire to learn and grow.
- You’ll work both independently and alongside other members of the team, listening and learning directly from startups and customers, and ensuring we are making informed business decisions
- You will interact both in person and by phone with your vertical strategic startups on a daily basis to discuss progress in customer accounts, technology requirements and other key issues that will help drive revenue
- You’ll be at the heart of a feedback loop to your colleagues to continuously improve our strategies for the future
- You will work in tight conjunction with the Microsoft field teams that manage the all up account relationships with the customers and the ecosystem and you’ll leverage multiple organizations within Microsoft to ensure we achieve success
- You’ll be able to identify the needs of the startups and either directly manage or coordinate the creation of the relative materials and programs that will accelerate their success
- You’ll use your business mind to think of ways to help startups scale their business
- Your deep industry knowledge will enable you to identify key growing market trends to ensure you have the best strategic startups on your roster to take advantage of these
- You’re excited to travel (hopefully soon!) to meet startups and customers, attend industry events and Microsoft internal sessions, all to spread your message and promote the extraordinary things your strategic startups and the team are building.
- A genuine passion for how technology is being adopted to drive business transformation
- Experience in working for a startup as well as medium/large IT organizations or similar
- Experience of positioning digital solutions to a line of business audience
- Deep knowledge of the industry and ecosystem that will allow you to be effective from the start
- Years of experience that have allowed you to develop a well rounded perspective on life that you combine with humility, empathy and a positive attitude
- A collaborative network to help you improve plans through constructive inquiry, engagement, and discussion
- An ability to take responsibility for the delivery of results
- Good organizational skills and an eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills where you are equally comfortable interacting across all levels of an organization
- MBA, or similar discipline, or equivalent industry experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.