|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced and highly technical staff software engineer to join our Analytics team. We are building next generation of analytics data platform and services to support online and offline analytics reporting for our customers. You will share our passion and great pride in the elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in building scalable solutions verified thru automated testing, developed iteratively to deliver high-quality next generation of enterprise software.
Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and individual ownership we expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing, testing, deploying, monitoring and maintaining high performance, scalable Java based data services and API.
- Work with engineering teams and architects on the development of projects, design, and implementation
- Conduct and participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
- Implement unit, functional and performance tests
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with QA, Product Owners, Engineering Services and Tech Ops
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in strong Java and knowledge of Spring
- Hands-on experience using a cloud-based data stack such as Kinesis/Kafka, Spark/Storm/Flink, object storage such as AWS S3, Linux and Elasticsearch
- Experience with NoSQL and RDMS database
- Experience in developing and tuning highly scalable systems
- In-depth understanding of multithreading, garbage collection and memory management
- Knowledge of network security, authentication, and authorization is a plus
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree majoring in computer science
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs