|Job Type:||Full Time|
Pride yourself on the precision of your work? Passionate about measurement science, mathematics, and electronics? We’re looking for you! The Aerospace, Defense & Marine engineering team at TE is seeking a highly motivated temporary Engineering Test Technician to provide testing support in our Harrisburg test lab.
What you will be doing…
As a member of our Aerospace, Defense, and Marine (AD&M) Test Lab in Harrisburg, PA the temporary Engineering Test Technician will be responsible for conducting and coordinating mechanical, electrical, and environmental testing. The Test Technician will review assigned test programs and perform testing with the oversight of senior technicians and test engineers to ensure TE products meet customer performance and reliability needs while maximizing laboratory resource efficiencies, following good engineering practices and ensuring integrity of the business is maintained by following all applicable policies. The position will report to the Manager, Test Engineering for the Aerospace & Defense Test Team.
Key Responsibilities include...
- Conduct electrical, mechanical, and environmental testing on TE products for the purpose of Engineering Evaluation and Qualification.
- Prepare samples using hand tools and soldering.
- Run a variety of computer and microprocessor controlled test equipment.
- Set-up & operate environmental, mechanical and electrical test equipment
- Review and summarize data.
- Maintain the integrity of test results by complying with Corporate, Business Unit and local quality system requirements.
- Review active test programs and final test results to ensure that performance requirements are met.
- Capable of working to drawings, diagrams, and schematics.
- Ensure all safety requirements are met and followed
- Write test documentation and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Overtime or temporary shift in hours may be required at times to support high priority business needs.
This temporary position is anticipated to last 6 - 12 months.
- A preferred candidate should have, or be actively pursuing, an Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or have 3-5 years’ experience in testing.
- Good soldering skills and manual dexterity.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, use of MS Project a plus.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Willingness to shift priorities as business pressures demand.
- Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds.
- Must be capable of multitasking and taking full ownership of assigned projects.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
Physical Demands include...
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must be capable of sitting for long periods of time
- Occasional standing and bending