|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a company, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As an employer, we empower our own people to achieve more and make a difference in the world. Join us and be one who empowers billions!
Reach – Microsoft’s resources and scale empowers employees to utilize their skills for lasting impact.
Freedom – Microsoft values everyone’s talent and skillset and provides the freedom to explore and enhance them.
Inspiration – inspiration can be found through our products and how they can improve our customers’ lives.
The GDC: The Global Demand Center Team within Microsoft is responsible for delivering integrated marketing experiences for Microsoft by building, running, and innovating a globally scaled engine to deliver connected journeys that delight customers and create fans.
Our Data Services team is responsible for the infrastructure, systems, and tooling that enable our internal users to use big data and machine learning technologies to make key multi-million-dollar marketing investment decisions.
As the Data Governance PM you will serve as the foundation that provides structure and cohesion between the data platform, data science, analytics, and all other data consumers.
As the product manager for the data engineering group, you will work with internal stakeholders to understand, define, and prioritize their data needs. You will work collaboratively with the data engineering team to translate our data needs into an executable plan. You will enable us to meet our immediate goals, while also informing the future platform strategy and development of internal tooling which makes it easy to send data into the data platform, process it, link it, discover it, describe it and get it out again -- all easily.
- You are an experienced professional with a passion for Data and Product Management.
- You have had an active role in crafting a vision and strategy enabling the delivery of impactful data products and machine learning capabilities for internal customers.
- You're an evangelist for the importance and power of data to drive business impact and leverage
- You possess a deep understanding of the data technologies landscape and stay up to date on industry knowledge and trends.
- Communication is your superpower! You can explain sophisticated concepts to a non-technical audience and translate the problems of non-technical partners into technical solutions that are feasible, usable and valuable.
- You have deep appreciation for your customers and partners and can get people to a place of understanding, even if they don’t necessarily agree.
- A plus: you have worked as an engineer in big data, machine learning or data science.
- Owns the strategy and roadmap for their product portfolio.
- Continuously measures, reviews, refines and drives prioritization of the product roadmap, clearly articulating the vision and strategy to product, engineering teams and customers.
- Develops and defends the business case for new product capabilities and features, and works with finance to create financial models and uses business/financial acumen to modify as necessary, accountable for successful P&L of business case.
- Runs Business Reviews for their product(s) and measures product performance to ensure success metrics are being met, prioritizing options for improvement or enhancement.
- Tracks product team’s velocity and feedback loops, optimizing delivery to ensure the most valuable work is always delivered first.
- Works across leadership, product and analytics teams to enable end to end capabilities, driving prioritization of work across multiple product backlogs to advance the data strategy.
- Understand what is possible today vs. what requires additional investment and steer our customers to the right solutions based on the timeliness of their needs.
- Exceptional written, spoken communication and presentation skills.
- Experience as a product and technical leader in big data infrastructure, analytics, or applied science tooling and manager for 2+ years.
- Experience working closely with engineering, managing backlogs and trade-offs, outlining technical details, and defining “done”.
- Conversant in modern data engineering, data modeling, mining, analytics and machine-learning techniques and tooling.
- Proficient using SQL and data visualization tools to derive meaningful insights from data.Impeccable project management skills, juggling multiple workstreams, priorities, and stakeholders without missing a beat.
- Experience with iterative development and the full software cycle of requirements, design, coding/testing, rollout/deploy standard methodologies in delivering outstanding software and services.
- Comfortable making hard decisions using a blend of quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Impeccable project management skills, juggling multiple workstreams, priorities, and stakeholders without missing a beat.
- Strong technical background with an ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
- Proven track record of growing partnerships by forging a strong relationship with internal/external clients, understanding their objectives, and recommending best strategies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced sometimes ambiguous environment, having fun doing it!
- Passion for the future of digital advertising.
- 2+ years in digital advertising, media and/or analytics, managing complex operational processes, campaign delivery, and data-driven performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent technical roles.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.