|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Learning (WWL) organization is re-imagining learning and development with the objective of building deep technical capabilities within Microsoft and externally and creating a world class learning program that spans modalities and skills for critical job roles. Our product development approach is learner obsessed, data driven, innovative, and business aligned, and places the learner at the core of our various initiatives.
As part of the Global Technical Learning organization, you will contribute to broad, digital transformation across industries by ensuring that Microsoft has a broad ecosystem of skilled employees, partners, and customers. You will work across Worldwide Learning, and engineering and business teams across Microsoft, as well as customer/partner groups to reimagine and grow our certification products and business. As our Certification ProgramManager,you think big about opportunities to better understand and improve the overall strategy, operations and health of our global certification program and the related experiences and services. You will be responsible for the overall program management of our world class certification and credentialing program, making bold bets on the most promising ideas, prioritizing them, and delivering results that shape the business.You will partner with other Global Technical Learning product management and content development team members, along with key internal and external stakeholders, to accelerate the planning, development and governance of our exam and assessment assets, while defining key success metrics, measuring impact, and tracking business results to skill our customer, partners and employees.
- Overall program management of our in-market certification products,e.g., certification & exam launch & retirement strategy, discounted certification program, credential management, and management of program information, policies and related processes.
- Evolve our certification framework to account for the continued evolution and growth of our certification types, increased scale and future strategy, as well as core principles & operating model for certification design, development and maintenance.
- Identify opportunities to revolutionize certifications and associated business models, along with the product value prop and messaging across audiences.
- Research on leading industry standards, technology, and competitive strategies to inform WWL Certification program and strategy.
- Develop and define delivery and experience standards for different certifications. Drive adherence of standards through audits, reviews and customer data across delivery channels.
- Contribute to our certification digital transformation strategy to include the futurestate, end-to-end certification experience & modernization principles.
- Input into the overall strategic vision and plan for the Microsoft skills assessments and exams.
- Define key business metrics/OKRs, and analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points and opportunities.
- Evolve the certification listening Systems to gain further customer data & insights.
- Work closely with our psychometrician, our exam development team and partnersto ensure high quality exams for certifications.
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning, and product design (including writing BRDs) of new features and enhancements related to our Certification products; delivered through an iterative product development model.
- Partner with the content development team to refine SME content development, engagement and review.
- Partner with Business Planning Lead and other Product Managers to define how certification experiences fit our product business models, and appropriately support the cost/operating model.
- Work with marketing teams to create customer and partner facing content and land key messages with analysts and the market.
- Present to senior management, external clients, and other large audiences.
- Advocate for the training and certification program across Microsoft and to our customers and partners, ensuring the learning and certification “story” is clear and understood.
- Represent Microsoft at learning and certification industry digital events, helping maintain Microsoft’s position as an industry leader.
Continuously track industry trends, drive competitive research and customer research, and partner with training and certification product managers, to help define the desired learner experience and drive innovation.
- 7+ years' in product or program management, with demonstrated business impact delivered by strong product or program management skills.
- 5+ years' experience in writing business or technical requirements for new capabilities and features.
- 5+ years' experience developing product vision and strategy based on data and business objectives.
- Experience working with technical learning products (product management, content development, channel management, technical training delivery)
- Understanding of training and certification concepts including different modalities and hands-on experiences
- Experience working with technical teams to enable deployment of products or capabilities in an agile environment
- Excellence at developing and articulating vision and strategy that meet business goals
- Ability to handle challenging situations and difficult conversations with poise
- Ability to drive cross-group collaborative efforts on multiple priorities simultaneously within a highly matrixed environment
- Displays a drive for results and embraces a "can-do" attitude and persistence, with a proven track record of success, determination, and curiosity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management, stakeholders and at events internally and externally
- Successful candidate will possess the maturity and experience needed to manage complex programs and projects and solving problems with minimal coaching
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.