|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That’s what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Security is a top priority for Microsoft because it is a top concern for our customers. Microsoft’s Security and Compliance team has invested deeply to build strong 1st party security capabilities across Microsoft 365.
The fight against cybercrime requires defenders to be adaptive and responsive to the rapidly evolving threat landscape, with a strong appreciation for how protections affect our customers. We are seeking a Senior Operations Program Manager to join our research team and help ensure thatour tens of millions of userscan deliverand receive email with confidence and trust.
In this role, you would be responsible to respond to customer escalations related to email delivery issues, work with data scientists, security researchers, applied researchers, engineers, and internal & external partners to build processes and drive toward innovative solutions to ensure our customers have great experiences using Office 365.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager on the team, you will be responsible for:
- Investigate email delivery issues and confidently respond to customer escalations, partners, and sales teamsto drive great experiences and consistent outcomes.
- Understand the enterprise email landscape, identify, and frame problems we should fix, and drive team alignment and execution for projects associated with enterprise focused sender support.
- Fully uncovering and documenting issues related to email delivery.
- Work with, and guide, grading and analytical teams to correctly triage and mitigate delivery issues.
- Making good, timely and practical decisions with uncertainty on a consistent basis.
- 5+ years of experience in a project management, program management, or similar role.
- 3+ years of experience working in live service operations.
- 1+ year of experience working within the email delivery ecosystem (senders such as AWS and providers like O365 or Gmail).
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with new email standards such as DMARC, ARC, TLS.
- Strong data driven and metrics driven approach to manage/review/triage health of service and respond based on data.
- Experience responding to customer escalations and reporting investigative findings.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to represent in external deliverability forums and manage relationships with large partners, customers, and sales teams working in the email deliver ecosystem.
- Experience working in a security-oriented role is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.