Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover Financial Services is seeking a Lead Data Engineer to join our Bank DSL Data Operations team. Successful candidates will partner with our business partners to understand their data needs, build data pipelines using cutting edge AWS and on prem technologies, develop and execute test cases and provide technical leadership to peer engineers for highly complex and critical data projects.
Responsible for designing and developing data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
- Provide engineering leadership to create and enhance CI/CD pipeline to ensure Business Analysts can build, test, deploy and iterate quickly
- Design and develop data ingestion frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools such as Java, Spark, Python, as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools
- Design and develop AbInitio data applications
- Building micro services based designs & solutions within the ETL data pipeline on Container Platforms (e.g Kubernetes & Open Shift)
- Well verse with AWS, Cloud Platforms and experience on hybrid cloud data strategy solutions along with experience working with / in Data Warehouse teams that solve big data problems and challenges
- Identify opportunities for automation and create POC's of new ideas, as well as scale them into Generic Patterns
- Provide support for deployed data applications and analytical models
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
Working knowledge of AbInitio or other ETL technologies, Spark/PythonAWS Dev Ops Engineer or Solutions Architect Certification
- 2+ years of experience solving problems and implementing solutions using the AWS Cloud
- Proficiency with Stream Data Platforms
- Proficiency in SQL and ability to write and optimize complex queries
- Experience with IBM Workload or other scheduling services
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins
- Understanding of API architecture and capabilities
- Self-starter, Engineering Mindset, Innovator & Individual Contributor, Bring ideas to whiteboard and adopt with an agile mindset.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.