|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is the identity company that stands for trust. The Okta Identity Cloud is an independent and neutral platform that enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time.
We are building an in-house Brand Design team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of helping to grow a world-class team of designers and reimagining Okta’s brand. We are a highly collaborative team who value thoughtful, well-designed brand experiences for our customers.
As the Lead Digital Designer, you will be responsible for creating compelling experiences that help to elevate our Okta brand. The role will focus on defining the user interface of our brand and then building it into web design and product experiences for our developer audience. Reporting to the Creative Director, this position will focus on defining the site UX and building compelling web UI experiences while informing the product UI at a brand level. This role also requires strong strategic thinking skills that will allow for quick problem solving and prioritization in a fast-paced environment. Due to the highly collaborative nature of this position, strong interpersonal skills and cross-functional team experience is important.
- Elevate the Okta brand through compelling, story-driven experience across devices
- Partner with the Creative Director and lead designers to conceptualize the design for digital experiences
- Collaborate with our Web Marketing and Product Design teams to create designs and efficient workflows for our end-to-end developer experience
- Translate our brand identity UI into successful content for our developer audience
- Utilize and help drive the expansion of the web UI kit and the brand digital design system
- Establish best practices, guidelines, foundational styles, and individual components
- Motivate and inspire our team by being a thought leader and sharing best practices with designers
- Contribute to a culture of excellence
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience in web or product design with a focus on UI and visual design and competency in UX/interaction design
- Experience designing for developer services or documentation would be a plus
- Strong understanding of content strategy, site architecture, UX, visual design and device functionality
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Figma (or a similar web application) with some basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Knows how to create UIs that follow design system standards and maximize consistency, while also pushing the brand and design system forward
- Ability to present quality conceptual prototypes and/or wireframes
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player with strong organizational skills
- Provides clear direction and gives timely feedback to project managers and designers
- Curious about the world, loves to learn and inspire the team
- A link to your portfolio is required with your application
More about Okta
Community and culture are highly valued at Okta. There are many opportunities for employees to join our employee-run groups that promote and celebrate diversity in all forms. [email protected] educates and improves gender diversity at Okta. [email protected] supports resources and social opportunities for the LGBTQ+ community at Okta. People of [email protected] promotes equity and inclusion through representation of all cultures, ethnicities and genders.
Additionally, employees can make an impact in our local community with Okta for Good. Our social impact program’s mission is to strengthen the connections between people, technology and community. We’ve taken the 1% Pledge to commit our time, product and equity to giving back.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.