|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re Poly. We make technology that powers human connection that simply works, then steps out of the way. We’re changing how the world communicates and collaborates. And we need you!
As a Senior UX Researcher in the User Experience Group (part of the Design team), you will lead the User-Centered Design research activities for our software and hardware products. You will design and conduct usability testing on a variety of desktop, cloud, mobile, embedded UI, and web experiences. The position is based in Austin, Texas.
What you’ll do:
- We perform various types of end-user research, whether it be in a controlled lab environment or a more natural setting. Primarily we focus on:
- Usability Testing, which helps to determine the appropriate interaction between the user and the product
- Contextual Inquiry and ethnography, used to identify product opportunities and to better understand our users
- Contribute to the development of software and hardware products by applying user-centered research and design methods (emphasis on software UI)
- Design studies, build test plans, facilitate user-testing, analyze results, present findings, and disseminate information effectively
- Communicate with and provide actionable recommendations to the cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with colleagues in Santa Cruz HQ and internationally
- Manage aspects of user testing processes including lab setup and maintenance, as well as recruiting and scheduling participants as needed (with support)
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have an MS or BS in Human Factors and Ergonomics, HCI, Psychology, Research, Statistics, or related fields
- You can work autonomously but enjoy engaging with the team members to discuss and solve problems together
- You have experience with fast-paced applied research on software UI with proposals of actionable recommendations
- You have 3 or more years performing end-user research activities and have an understanding of research and scientific method process
- You prioritize the end-user as the most important stakeholder and are passionate about discovering and translating findings into the best end-user experiences possible while balancing the team’s requirements
- You believe that you have the ability to bridge the gap between research and execution among a highly diverse team, and possess strong collaboration skills with designers, engineers, and product managers
- You have an ability to see the context of the “big picture” while capable of deep-diving on important local user issues
- You feel comfortable conducting user testing independently
- You can juggle several ongoing research activities of various size and scope and determine where to spend your time and energy depending on schedule priorities
- Listed above you will find some things we think will be valuable, but we’re also open-minded. If you recognize yourself in any skills related, we’d love for you to send us an application.
Thrive at Poly because you are joining:
- A global team, united by our innovative products, making an impact toward creating amazing new ways to hear, to see, to work, and to work together.
- A company who believes a distributed workforce is the present and the future. We leverage our great products, so employees can work in an environment that makes them most connected and productive, no matter where they are.
- People who are passionate about creating excellence – for our customers, and for each other. We’re in this adventure together!