|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Ability to conceptualize / design / build high quality, horizontal analytical products using large connected data sets specifically focused on business processes
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Define, track and report key metrics to assess process health
- Build/design dashboards to enable ongoing monitoring of process health
- Develop and execute the strategy for democratization of data and insights solutions (insights on demand)
- Work with data engineers to ingest new data sources and operationalize new business solutions and dashboards
- Provide actionable insights on how to improve our services / products
- Connect findings and recommendations to business initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders at various management levels
- 7+ years hands on analytics experience with proven quantitative orientation
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/Economics/Business or Engineering; MBA preferred or equivalent combination of experience
- Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
- Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining
- Strong programming knowledge (proficient in SQL)
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, familiarity with Power BI / Tableau
- Working knowledge of AI / ML algorithms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration and succeed in a matrix structure by influencing new thinking
- Advanced Power BI dashboard design & development
- Previous experience on process analytics is a plus
- Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake, HD Insight, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Business domain expertise in areas of sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and/or HR
- Experience in working with AI / ML algorithms and products
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.