|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Worldwide Learning (WWL) organization is re-imagining learning and development with the objective of building deep technical capabilities within Microsoft and externally and creating a world class learning program that spans modalities and skills for critical job roles. Our product development approach is learner obsessed, data driven, innovative, and business aligned, and places the learner at the core of our various initiatives.
As part of the Global Technical Learning organization, you will contribute to broad, digital transformation across industries by ensuring that Microsoft has a broad ecosystem of skilled employees, partners, and customers. You will work across Worldwide Learning, and engineering and business teams across Microsoft, as well as customer/partner groups to reimagine and grow our certification products and business. As ourExam Program Manager you will think big about opportunities to re-invent the way the skills of our learners are assessed and validated in context of existing exams and a new model for re-certification for Microsoft Certifications worldwide. You will be responsible for evolving this category of technical skilling products to support our world class certification and credentialing program, making bold bets on the most promising ideas, prioritizing them, experimenting and delivering results that shape the business. You will partner with other Global Technical Learning product management and content development team members, along with key internal and external stakeholders, to accelerate the planning, development and governance of our exam and assessment assets, while defining key success metrics, measuring impact, and tracking business results to skill our customer, partners and employees.
- Define a scalable framework and operating model for exam/assessment design, development, updates, and publishing– optimizing across multiple publishing processes and exam delivery partners, aligning to the Microsoft Learn roadmap for re-certification.
- Research on leading industry standards, technology, and competitive strategies to inform WWL strategy for exam development.
- Input into the overall strategic vision and plan for the Microsoft skills assessments and exams integrated into our training and certification products.
- Identify opportunitiesto revolutionize skills validation and exam delivery and associated business models for skills validation in the context of how people learn and work, along with the product value prop and messaging across audiences.
- Work with our psychometrician and our exam development team to and support the design and implementation of those opportunities.
- Drive global product requirements definition, product planning, and product design (including writing BRDs) of new features and enhancements related to our Certification exam content and assessment assets; delivered through an iterative product development model.
- Support the standardization, automation, resource planning and roadmap management for exams and assessments.
- Partner with Psychometrician to define exam integrity standards, data to inform exam design and development and ensure adherence to defined standards.
- Partner with the content development team to define SME engagement process, review and QA processes and SLAs.
- Support performance-based testing processes & manage live site service quality.
- Define objectives and key results and analyze customer feedback and usage metrics to identify key pain points and opportunities.
- Partner with Business Planning Lead and other Product Managers to define how experiences fit our product business models, and appropriately support the cost/operating model.
- Work with marketing teams to create customer and partner facing content and land key messages with analysts and the market.
- Present to senior management, external clients, and other large audiences.
- Advocate for the training and certification program across Microsoft and to our customers and partners, ensuring the learning and certification “story” is clear and understood.
- Represent Microsoft at learning and certification industry digital events, helping maintain Microsoft’s position as an industry leader.
- 5+ years' in product or program management, with demonstrated business impact delivered by strong product or program management skills.
- 3+ years' experience in writing business or technical requirements for new capabilities and features.
- 2+ years' experience developing product vision and strategy based on data and business objectives.
- Experience working with technical learning products in prior roles (product management, content development, channel management, technical training delivery)
- Understanding of training concepts including different modalities and hands-on experiences.
- Experience working with technical teams to enable deployment of products or capabilities in an agile environment
- Excellence at developing and articulating vision and strategy that meet business goals
- Ability to handle challenging situations and difficult conversations with poise
- Ability to drive cross-group collaborative efforts on multiple priorities simultaneously within a highly matrixed environment
- Displays a drive for results and embraces a “can-do" attitude and persistence, with a proven track record of success, determination, and curiosity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to senior management, stakeholders and at events internally and externally
- Successful candidate will possess the maturity and experience needed to manage complex programs and projects and solving problems with minimal coaching
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.