|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Engineer – Xbox Gaming
XBOX Gaming inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. We are a Global organization comprised of teams who work across the full spectrum of Gaming; from teams that work on top franchises like Minecraft, Halo, Forza & Gears of War, to teams who are enabling a new way to play such as xCloud & GamePass. We have an incredible variety of products, teams & challenges ready for you to explore!
We are looking for Software Engineers to contribute to products that deliver new ways to connect people and facilitate collaboration across a wide range of Gaming Products & Applications. As a Software Engineer, you will utilize various technologies and techniques, collaborating with peers across numerous disciplines (Art, Design, Production, and Test) to build high quality features, tools or systems.
Note: While our main locations in the US are Redmond, WA and Santa Monica, CA, we are open to remote work for certain situations.
- Work within an agile or scrum environment, partnering closely with your development lead and project manager, to meet your assigned deliverables.
- Write clean & maintainable code, along with proper documentation.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving to develop features or systems, including fixing bugs.
- Stay current and educated on existing & emerging technologies as needed.
- 2+ years of professional or project experience in software development using any object-oriented language such as, but not limited to C++, C#, Java, Python & PHP
- Experience collaborating with a wide spectrum of people in creative and/or technical domains.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate in Computer Science, or relevant experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.