|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 (M365) Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3)
Intelligent Conversation and Communication Cloud (IC3) powers billions of real-time customer conversations across Microsoft’s first party (Teams, Skype), and second party (Dynamics) solutions. IC3 enables reliable and high-quality audio/video calling, meeting, and messaging services that work every time from anywhere seamlessly across all customer touchpoints. IC3 makes conversations on our platforms more intelligent in real-time empowering best-in-class productivity tools for the modern workplace where every call, meeting, or chat will make the next one better.
About the Team
We are the team which powers all the messaging scenarios across IC3. We develop one of the largest scale, business critical services in Microsoft. Our services run in every region and we process hundreds of millions of active users and billions of messages a day. One of our major goals this year is to revamp and re-architect our services, which will help us get to planet scale and yet have the fastest and best end user experience than our formidable competitors. The Micro Service we build must be highly scalable, highly available and extremely performant in geo-redundant multi tenant systems and honor obligations for data sovereignty, privacy, security and compliance. You will have an opportunity to work with a highly collaborative and fun team in a fast learning environment.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about building high quality reliable Cloud Service features. As an engineer in our team, you’ll be working on changes to one or more services to meet the growing needs of Microsoft first party and second party solutions. In particular, for a given feature you’ll be expected to meet with stakeholders/PM to get the requirements, document the design and review within the team, implement the design, create unit tests on your changes, manage the flighting of the new feature, and implement additional monitoring and metrics as needed for the feature. In short, you will truly own your feature from start to finish.
- Design and develop features as part of delivering our Communication Platform.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews.
- System design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data/telemetry to make decisions.
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
- Improve test coverage for services, organize and implement integration tests, and resolve problem areas.
- Consider testability, portability/monitoring, reliability, and maintainability, and understand when code is ready to be shared and delivered.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft as a business and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Focus on customer/partner needs through a data driven approach.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
- 5+ years of software design and development experience with backend services.
- 5+ years hands on experience in any Object Oriented coding language such as C++, C#, Java or Python.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Experience in DevOps to maintain live services and\or application frameworks.
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
- Passion for building highly scalable, highly reliable services
- Experience with or exposure to Agile and iterative development processes.
- Growth Mindset with a desire to learn, a tendency to embrace challenges, persist in the face of setback, see failures as essential to mastery, learn from criticism and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Help to create a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Confident and articulate in expressing ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges.
- A sense of personal ownership and accountability is required, together with the ability to deliver to deadlines while managing internal stakeholder expectations.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive for reaching across teams and organizations to make progress collaboratively.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.