|Job Type:||Full Time|
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Financial Planning & Analysis Team
Financial Planning and Analysis is a highly visible team who use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to plan and evaluate Thumbtack’s financial performance against company goals.
FP&A transforms the Thumbtack strategy and vision into a financial plan using critical analysis, planning and modeling. It forecasts revenue, expenses and profitability, sets annual financial targets and is critical to Thumbtack’s success.
About the Role
Sitting at the center of the FP&A team, the Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A will be responsible for setting the parameters for all FP&A processes including the annual budget, monthly forecast and regular financial reporting. Partnering with key stakeholders across Finance, Analytics and several operational teams within Thumbtack, the Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A will develop solutions that accelerate cycle times and alleviate manual processes.
This role will own the consolidation of Thumbtack’s Budgets and Forecasts, and all of FP&A’s regular reporting, including Monthly Financial Reviews, Board Reporting and Company Financial updates. The Senior Analyst, Corporate FP&A will ensure financial results are accurate and reported in a clear and concise way, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Ownership of financial forecast and budget processes, including timetabling, process management, communication and reporting
- Responsible for consolidation and initial roll-up reporting of company budgets and forecasts
- Work closely with the accounting and FP&A teams to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Apply advanced G-Suite and Office skills to ensure that Finance creates visually impactful slides for executive and Board-level presentations
- Leverage and improve current systems and processes to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team
- Primary contact for investor relations queries and reporting
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support management and business decisions
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 7+ years of FP&A experience, with at least 2 years of Corporate Finance
- Experience within a public company environment
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, using key tools within Excel and G-Suite
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical and system skills
- Able to translate financial analytics into clear and insightful recommendations for business stakeholders
- Experience working for a tech company
- Proven ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Financial Planning Systems experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.