Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
About Internal Audit
Discover’s Internal Audit (IA) Department has a commitment to provide insightful perspectives, leverage specialized talent, and deliver a refreshing experience to all of our stakeholders. This commitment is met through collaborative, hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. IA brings a consultative and progressive approach to their work, which is predicated on a culture of enhancing risk management and business outcomes for Discover, actively contributing to the development of its professionals, and embracing a mindset of innovation and continuous improvement. The department of approximately 150 professionals globally is viewed as a critical piece of the risk management framework and is valued as a trusted voice and indispensable partner.
What You’ll Do
- Use operational and technical skills to support DFS Internal Audit Department objectives.
- Review business processes, identify and assess controls, and communicate results with clients.
- Partner with the business to develop action plans to address identified risks.
- Conduct audit reviews to improve controls and identify efficiencies in the activities reviewed, following DFS Internal Audit methodology — audits and special reviews will be of Direct Banking (Marketing, Operations, Consumer Banking and Credit Risk Management), Human Resources, Finance, Corporate Risk Management, Payment Services, IT General Controls, IT Network and Infrastructure, Models, Corporate Support.
- Oversee assigned audit staff through the completion of the entire audit, interview clients, review business processes, identify and assess controls, test key controls, develop findings and communicate with clients to develop and follow up on action plans.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and educate audit team members, defining expectations for their performance.
- Administer the opening, review of findings, and closing of client meetings.
- Lead periodic meetings with internal audit management and the business units.
- Define for audit staff the overall audit scope, providing them with assignments and direction throughout the audit project
- Understand how applications and related Information Technology (IT) General Controls support achievement of business processing objectives.
- Draft the findings, actions, and report (with the assistance of the audit staff draft the findings, actions and report)
- Communicate audit status and findings to key clients. Work with clients to evaluate the adequacy of actions items to ensure they address the root cause.
- Develop audit staff and educate team in area of expertise to improve the department skill set. (Define expectations with audit staff at the beginning of the audit. Provide leadership and guidance to team in area of expertise.)
- Review staff audit work for completeness, effectiveness and accuracy.
- Use knowledge of company/industry practices and processes to define key business risks, expected controls and to assess actual controls
- Provide audit supervisor feedback on staff performance to be incorporated into the staff job evaluation.
- Work closely with IT, operational, compliance and financial auditors to ensure a comprehensive and coordinated effort in covering the audit entity.
- Follow-up on assigned actions from the audit (status updates and verifications).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 4+ years of experience in applied sciences, engineering, operations, accounting, finance, business, computer science, data science, or related field
- Practical experience in risk based auditing, compliance, risk management activities or regulatory examinations
- Extensive knowledge of payments processing industry including authorization, settlement, funding, chargebacks, interchange, card association rules/regulations, EMV, tokenization, encryption, PCI, digital ecommerce payments, fraud, and current industry trends/challenges.
- Working experience in the financial services, banking, credit cards, payment services or public accounting
- Experience in project management or Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated work paper system (Pentana)
- CIA, CAMS, CRMC, CPA, CISA, or related certification
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.