|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our Technical Operations team. At Okta, we are "Always On." The core of that starts with this team, ensuring that customers never worry about the Okta service. They strive to build the most reliable and performant systems on the planet.
We are building the next generation of analytics data platforms to support online and offline analytics reporting for our customers. For this role, we are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who has a passion for Big Data Analytics.
Qualifications for the role:
- 3+ years of experience automating and deploying large scale production reporting services in AWS (EC2, ECS, KMS, Kinesis, Redshift, RDS) or another cloud provider
- 3+ years of experience scripting for operational tooling in Bash, Ruby, Python, Go, or something similar
- 2+ years of experience writing infrastructure as code using tools such as Chef and Terraform
- You have an interest and/ or working knowledge of data warehouse/ data lake services including AWS Redshift/Snowflake and databases (MySQL/Aurora)
- You have an understanding of AWS networking services and you have the experience creating VPC, IAM service permissions, and roles.
- You possess strong Linux fundamentals
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, deploy Okta's production infrastructure with a focus on our next-generation analytics and reporting services
- Promote and apply best practices for building scalable and reliable services across engineering
- Identify and automate manual processes
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Support a 24x7 online environment as part of an on-call rotation
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science (plus) or relevant experience
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where the employees located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning you can work from the office or home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies, and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.