|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft 365 Intelligent Conversation and Communications Team
Are you passionate about transforming the way in which people communicate and connect around the world at work and at home? Are you motivated by the challenges of building real-time communication services at cloud-scale? At Microsoft’s Intelligent Conversation and Communications Cloud (IC3) we power billions of real-time customer conversations across products like Microsoft Teams, Skype, and Dynamics, to mention just a few, empowering communication across millions of customers across the whole world 24/7. We are looking for a strong Principal Technical Program Managers to drive the strategic investments in messaging infrastructure.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will lead the cross-team effort for driving improvements and innovations in IC3 Messaging and building state-of-the art high quality and reliable Cloud Micro Services. This includes defining, gathering, and prioritizing requirements from all the stakeholders, including customers, marketing, legal, and other partner teams. It also includes gaining insights from client and services data about reliability and quality of our messaging infrastructure and planning strategic quality and engineering investments in all stacks of our software and services. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Program Manager who loves solving complex technical and business problems and working collaboratively across a global organization. This position will require an in-depth and hands on approach to problem solving. You should be comfortable mining data and telemetry and use data to support prioritization and decision making. You should be comfortable interacting with our customers to collect requirements as well as providing deployment guidance. Since teamwork is critical to our success, you should have great communication and teamwork skills and can work in a high-performance team with minimal supervision. Familiarity with networking and real-time communications protocols is a plus but not required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with experience and passion for cloud-scale services
- Experience with customer-driven engineering, unpacking customer/developer needs into system requirements and design
- Experience with Software as a Service business models
- Proven ability to develop product strategy and roadmap, and drive project execution
- History of clearly articulating project status, blockers, and outstanding actions to all stakeholders, including senior management.
- 5+ years of experience in program management or product development in software companies
- Previous experience working on real-time messaging
- Previous experience and expertise in networking
- Previous experience in software engineering or software architecture design
- Graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.