|Location:||Boston, Massachusetts, New York, New York, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The U.S. Finance team is looking for a Region Finance Manager with strong financial and business acumen as well as superb analytical skills, to support and drive strategic and financial initiatives in support of our regional sales organization ($1bn+ revenue) and be the CFO for the region. This is an exciting opportunity to be a leader in a critical growth/transformation engine for Microsoft, where you will have the opportunity to develop your financial analysis, business partnership and communication skills, while you aim to drive impact with and through the business.
This role will partner with the respective Field Sales Leadership Team to establish and drive tactical and financial/strategic execution for the business. You will be responsible for implementing and supporting an evolving financial measurement model that supports and enhances the Sales organizations ability to drive transformation and manage performance. In addition, you will be expected to surface insights related to our customer opportunities and expose areas requiring risk mitigation where appropriate.
To be successful in this key role, you will be extremely self-motivated, with unquestionable analytical horsepower, being able to rapidly identify business drivers/levers and translate business performance at an executive altitude. Being results oriented will ensure you not only keep pace with this rapidly evolving organization, but also play a pivotal role in leading transformation across the business. Your executive maturity and balanced self-awareness will be crucial in influencing your business partners and assuming a leadership position spanning beyond the pure finance mandate.
- Partner with the respective field sales leadership team to drive strategic and financial initiatives, identify sales opportunities and leverage or evangelize tools that can be used by the business to realize these opportunities.
- Provide analyses and advice to support the Field sales leader on business issues in the region and support the sales team in achieving revenue and profitability goals. e.g. discount analysis, ROI, revenue KPIs, Deal Economics
- Partner and perform routine and ad hoc financial analyses for field sales leadership
- Collaborate with field finance peers in U.S. Enterprise Commercial to ensure efficiency in scaling practices, tools, analyses
- Engage in Commercial initiatives to collectively drive the business and the finance organization to either scale, transform, evolve or become more efficient
- Manage the monthly/quarterly forecasting process for the business and conduct analysis of variances to plan and forecast
- Drive the annual revenue and discretionary opex plan for the business
- Provide oversight and support for headcount and operating expenses and ensure the business complies with all Microsoft accounting policies
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in finance related roles in financial planning and analysis OR process improvement OR project management OR business analysis OR financial modeling
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading OR managing budget OR revenue OR sales OR forecasting plans for organization Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited University
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated problem solving abilities; ability to project manage competing tasks/priorities effectively; superb collaboration skills
- Demonstrated planning expertise given complex environments; ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities and re-prioritize as necessary in order to align with current business objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with presenting/working with senior management.
- A self-starter who is proactive versus reactive and action oriented with a strong desire to get things done
- Ability to quickly identify what needs to be accomplished, craft a solution and drive to results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.