|Job Type:||Full Time|
By 2022, 60% of global GDP is predicted to be digitized, with the World Economic Forum predicting that some 60 - 70% of new value will be based on data-driven digitally enabled networks and platforms. As we look to the future, data must become a highly utilized and governed asset just as other organizational assets are today.
A key requirement to get the most from data, unlock the data-driven economy and enable innovative analytics & AI is to be able to easily share data in a trustworthy manner both with-in and across organizations. Unfortunately, sharing and collaboration on data of different types, sizes and sensitivity levels is difficult.
We are the Azure Data Governance team, part of the C+E Azure organization. Our team takes on interesting challenges across the areas of data analytics, data sharing and data governance. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing systems to meet the data sharing and governance needs of organizations big and small. We are looking for a product leader for our data sharing team. This leader will manage a growing global team, help define and drive product strategy, and interact with senior leaders across Microsoft as well as key decision makers within our customers organizations. In this role you will shape and define product capabilities and experiences by deeply engaging with customers as well as by using data to understand engagement and quality of experience. You will create and lead with clarity while bringing a strong bias for action. This role presents significant opportunity to impact the team, Azure, Microsoft, and the industry.
Will be responsible for the following:
- Define and drive data sharing strategy
- Manage, coach and build a diverse, global team
- Work with customers, partners, and the engineering teams to ensure solutions meet customer requirements and needs
- Drive user research, telemetry, and A/B testing to provide best in class data-driven insights
- Work with Customers and UX designers to design experiences that are both highly effective and aesthetically pleasing.
- Lead technical and compliance conversations with customers to prioritize, define, and validate data privacy features
- Work with customers to understand requirements across different industries and data fabrics
- Develop and participate in customer and field engagement activities
- Collaborate with marketing and partner teams to execute on GTM activities
- 7+ years of professional program management or product management experience or related experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- A portfolio of success translating customer insights into measurable success and meaningful impact
- A proven track record of driving a healthy and inclusive team culture, both within and beyond your direct sphere of influence
- Mastery of leading software and/or service development lifecycles and partnerships with engineering teams
- Familiarity with data privacy compliance and regulatory policy such as GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA
- Knowledge of the data sharing market and industry: competitors and customer needs
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of data and cloud services
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.